Talk

Advanced search

Who does really nice leggings?

(23 Posts)
cripesalorky Mon 05-Oct-09 19:29:14

I just discovered after twenty years (since the last time I wore leggings) that they look ok, and in fact good with my new boots!

However, the pair I have are really cheap and do look it a bit. Who does really lovely leggings?

tulpe Mon 05-Oct-09 19:31:43

I find the ones in Top Shop are very soft and stay looking nice for a long time. I wore mine loads last winter and they still look new.

cripesalorky Mon 05-Oct-09 20:02:47

Thanks! I'm sure you've helped me with fashion tips before, Tulpe!

ScaryFucker Mon 05-Oct-09 20:11:09

I second Top Shop

They are nice thick quality and don't go too baggy

I have a pair of treggings from there, which are just like very very stretchy and skinny black trousers

They tuck into boots great and look trendy with Converse etc

sazzlelou Mon 05-Oct-09 20:11:24

i second the Topshop ones!!

Jajas Mon 05-Oct-09 20:12:42

Link please!

ScaryFucker Mon 05-Oct-09 20:39:38

The ones I have are no longer on the website, but these are close

cripesalorky Mon 05-Oct-09 21:15:45

So brilliant thanks. I'm off tomorrow! I have some topshop vests which have lasted for years, so I know they can get it really right with some stuff. Excitement!

tulpe Mon 05-Oct-09 21:44:19

blush cripes. Hope the advice was good

TanyaBranning Mon 05-Oct-09 21:48:28

Deffo Topshop. No to M&S, Dotty P, Next and the cheapo shops (New Look, Primani etc). Topshop retain their shape and colour the longest.

applepudding Mon 05-Oct-09 21:50:44

I have just bought some trouser/leggings from Next - they are like tight trousers in a quite thick, very stretch jersey.

I also have some very cheap leggings and with my legs not being exactly slim, I have to wear a dress-type top with them, but I look OK in the Next ones with a long boy-friend style cardi and boots.

I have only just got them so can't say how well they will wash and wear though.

TsarChasm Mon 05-Oct-09 21:55:31

Ooh good thread. I'll lurk with interest because for sure please don't bother with the el cheapy ones in Tesco.

They're thin and don't have enough 'seat' in them so infuriatingly keep sliding off. I'd happily pay a bit more for a thicker pair that don't do that.

ItIsNotUCM Mon 05-Oct-09 23:12:01

Zara ones are the best and only 13 quid!

cripesalorky Tue 06-Oct-09 06:54:53

Zara you say... right. Will check Topshop too today, and report back. Someone else aid definitely not M&S to me - how times have changed!

Tulpe - grin, not blush! Much obliged.

ScaryFucker Tue 06-Oct-09 16:38:52

If anyone has long legs, like me, I saw some fab ones in River Island today

I only like the leggings that come right down to your ankle anyway, and many are too short for me

Anyways, these I saw were a lovely thick, matt grey with a subtle ribbed cuff on the ankle. They had a bit of wool in them too, so toasty, but not enough to make them bag IYSWIM. Believe me, I pulled 'em in all directions in the shop wink

If I didn't have almost the exact same pair, but in black, I would have bought them (I think they were 16 quid)

In fact, I think I still will, as my Top Shop ones have buttons at the front that stick out a bit with certain tops, and these were completely flat-fronted grin

itsmeolord Tue 06-Oct-09 16:41:10

Next are awful, mine went all see through after only a couple of washes. Lost shape very quickly as well.

Zara are very good for the money.

Doyouthinktheysaurus Tue 06-Oct-09 16:45:14

I like the Topshop ones too.

They do extra long which have a nice high waist and really aren't that long as I'm 5'6" and they are ankle length on me.

Don't bother with sainsbury's. I bought some cheapy, cheapy last week but they are wrinkly at the knees and I haven't been out the house in them yet.

cripesalorky Tue 06-Oct-09 18:19:40

The ones I mentioned in my op were Sainsbury's ones, Doyou! V. baggy at knee, and I am firmly indoors in them today! Waiting for my topshop ones to come through the post (couldn't get into town & ordered online in impatience!)

MrsFawlty Tue 06-Oct-09 18:36:02

I have some Tesco ones which are alrightish if you buy a size up, otherwise they go a bit see through. Not really a ringing endorsement, is it?

skinnygenes Tue 06-Oct-09 22:08:02

My faves are Topshop, Zara and H&M ones.

In one of my magazines(I think it was in Moreblush) a few months ago they tested out all the high street leggings and M&S came out tops. Apparently they were nice and thick and retained their shape well. Unfortunately the pair I tried on in M&S last week were nothing of the sorthmm

cripesalorky Wed 07-Oct-09 17:32:17

Arghhh!

Topshop have emailed me cancelling my order of two pairs of leggings due to no stock! They looked like they were in stock! Irritating. It appears everyone knows to get their leggings from Topshop!

Now I'll have to try Zara...

applepudding Wed 07-Oct-09 18:19:57

Itsmeolord - the ones I've got from Next are actually stretchy tight fitting trousers from jersey material rather than pull on leggings. They cost £22. I ordered some normal leggings from Next previously and sent them back as they were like tights

SardineJam Wed 07-Oct-09 19:35:10

Topshop and Warehouse

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now