Talk

Advanced search

All the threads on here about the school run dress and what to wear for the school run and today in the playground at school......

(13 Posts)
nymphadora Mon 05-Oct-09 18:14:48

there was not a single person NOT in jeans and mainly with t-shirts jumpers.

IN the morning there is sometimes people in office-type clothes but the afternoon run is always jeans.

Does this mean we are all uncultured?

tulpe Mon 05-Oct-09 18:25:53

Why would wearing jeans make you uncultured?

I try not to wear jeans during the week because I get so bored of them. I had a wardrobe full of clothes I never wore because they felt "all dressed up with nowhere to go" etc and because a smart-ish tea dress is not the most practical thing to wear when playing Thomas the Tank Engine on the playroom floor.

Now all DC are at school, I enjoy wearing a greater variety of outfits - I feel like I am back to being me again

I wore a dress today but you're right - most of the mums at our school gates were wearing jeans too.

nymphadora Mon 05-Oct-09 18:41:07

Just wondering why I have never seen anyone smarter here!

FlameWithTooManyHormones Mon 05-Oct-09 18:56:16

I have no idea what anyone was wearing.

I stood talking to my friend for 10 mins, and the only thing I recall about her is her jacket because she commented on it having silly short sleeves in drizzle.

tulpe Mon 05-Oct-09 19:03:54

You see, I do notice what other people wear but that's because I love clothes and fashion and am always on the look out for "ooh that might look good on me" moments .

What I don't do (but which I have been on the receiving end of) is the full on snidey-type appraisal of whomever passes me in the playground. Vile, childish behaviour, imo.

FlameWithTooManyHormones Mon 05-Oct-09 19:07:50

I judge blush. the woman in the bright pink velour tracksuit several sizes too small for her not small frame.... (that wasn't school run)

sarah293 Mon 05-Oct-09 19:08:36

Message withdrawn

tulpe Mon 05-Oct-09 19:19:01

Tis freezing here too Riven. I wore mine with toasty warm opaques and a snuggly angora waterfall/wrap cardi thing.

Aha - Flame, we agree again (see other thread!). Now in that case I would be judgey too. HOWEVER, I never let the person concerned be aware of my internal judgey-ness because that would be horrible and I would never want to make anyone else feel uncomfortable and awkward.

FlameWithTooManyHormones Mon 05-Oct-09 19:41:10

Oh no, I don't let on about it, I would hate if someone openly judged me - they can do what they like in private/on a message board, but not to my face.

chegirl Mon 05-Oct-09 20:42:23

I am an unashamed velour tracksuit wearing (yes Flame I have a pink one but it fits grin)

That with my fake ugs and my lovely long cardi - its like going to school in my jammies grin

Mind you there is not much competition style wise. If I was surrounded by yummies I would probably make the effort.

On my work days I look very different. I think the school suspects DS has 'two mummies'.

Its getting harder though. i am in that stage of pg where my lovely clothes dont fit me and I dont seem to have anything that looks right. I tend to wear fitted stuff in stretchy fabric ( I dont mean lycra mini dresses btw) and that kind of thing just makes me look lumpen at the mo.

It will be ok when I look pg proper. I can slip into my uber glam boho preg-chic then (well in my head I can).

ScaryFucker Mon 05-Oct-09 20:50:15

I wore a dress today

with thick leggings, thick socks, Converse, a t-shirt underneath, boyfriend cardi, leather gloves, scarf and Baker-boy hat

beat that for layering, but there was a dress under there somewhere smile

FabMum1 Mon 05-Oct-09 20:53:05

Dressing for the playground is a difficult one.

Some mummies are smart for work, others smart casual and then you get the ones who just don't care.

I find it very difficult deciding what to wear as I don't want to be judged, I try not to pay too much attention to what others are wearing but it can be difficult.

I always feel under dressed but really don't know what to wear.

Any suggestions ? smile

FlameWithTooManyHormones Mon 05-Oct-09 20:55:50

Fits is def the key word Chegirl

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now