Talk

Advanced search

Tulpe - did your Boden straight-leg jeans ever arrive?!

(6 Posts)
NaptimeRocks Mon 05-Oct-09 13:03:00

I was just searching some old threads and found a thread I'd started (under slightly different name) about a capsule wardrobe and in it you mentioned some Boden jeans that you were hoping were not too low-rise.

I have one pair of straight leg jeans, but under anything other than the loosest/thickest tops, they give me truly terrible muffin top. If the Boden ones were slightly higher, they might make this effect less likely.

Any thoughts?

tulpe Mon 05-Oct-09 13:20:03

They are sitting in the study waiting to be tried on! (They arrived last week but I have been "in recovery" since then after minor op and couldn't be faffed with getting dressed let alone trying anything on).

Will try on this afternoon and report back.

FWIW, I have also just bought a pair of straight leg jeans from Asda for all of £12! They are great - make my legs look v long (always a major bonus as they are in fact v short) and sit approx 1" below my navel so no muffin toppage

I would never have bought supermarket jeans before but looking for anything with a decent rise and not paying mega bucks is an impossibility. I like the Asda ones so much, I may well go back and buy another pair just in case they stop producing them

tulpe Mon 05-Oct-09 13:22:04

The other thing I would say about the Asda jeans is they don't make your ass look mahoosive - which is something I have found with more expensive high waisted brands.

purplepeony Mon 05-Oct-09 13:42:03

I have the Boden straight legged jeans.
I am holding onto them unsure whether to swap sizes- I got a 10 which is normally okay for me, though with the summer straight cut-offs I had to go up to a 12.

The rise is reasonably high on the straight legs but Iifnd they are a tighter fit round the waist than other Boden trousers. However, if I size up, i think the bum and topo f thighs might be too baggy. need to lose that other 1 kgs for a perfect fit!

NecromancyRocks Mon 05-Oct-09 22:20:57

Thanks, both of you.

The Asda ones are definitely worth a shot at that price, aren't they?!

NecromancyRocks Mon 05-Oct-09 22:21:25

BTW, have name changed for halloween, in case you're wondering!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now