Talk

Advanced search

So, tell me about Clarins Beauty Flash Balm

(12 Posts)
Bleh Mon 05-Oct-09 12:01:19

I've heard it mentioned a few times on here (and then on the Menstral Feminism thread in In the News that cervical mucus can work as an alternative), so I started to wonder what it is. I am not looking into using the alternative suggested, but want to know what the balm is and what it does. Thanks

TheCongaLineOfTruth Mon 05-Oct-09 18:25:50

I love BFB. In short it just brightens your face, and I am not imagining it because I get unsolicited compliments!

Am unable to compare and contrast re: cervical mucus but would be interested, if really fucking grossed out, to hear of any positive results.

bonnyb1 Tue 06-Oct-09 16:46:47

beauty flash balm is fab, spread it on quick and put foundation on top for longlife coverage, do't rub it round and round. You can also put it on thick as a mask.
extreme tree huggers can keep the cervical stuff!

CybilLiberty Tue 06-Oct-09 16:47:58

Tis fab altho divdes opinion on Mn betwixt those who swear by it and those who it brings out in a rash.

I love it.

Deeeja Tue 06-Oct-09 16:48:34

It has never worked for me, it makes me look worse, if that is possible!

sazlocks Tue 06-Oct-09 16:50:11

not sure about the alternative [hmmm] but I do like Clarins BFB and you can always get little samples of it if you buy other stuff.
Brightens up your complexion and great if your face is feeling a little sensitive.

Carrotfly Tue 06-Oct-09 23:38:59

My sister loves it.

But I'm not convinced I'd want to spend my hard earned ££ on.

Maybe I should try the cervical mucus ....

It's a con.

GetOrfMoiLand Wed 07-Oct-09 08:35:55

There are plenty of cheaper alternatives around so you don't necesarily have to fork out for the Clarins version. I use a cheap Boots Cucumber Radiance Balm, which does exactly the same job. Only difference is it doesn't smell as nice as the Clarins one (probably smells a lot nicer than cervical mucus smile)

MayorNaze Wed 07-Oct-09 08:39:04

i use avon magix stuff. tis v nice and good at keping your makeup on too.

have gynae appt later, do you think doc would mind if i asked him to gather some cervical mucus while he's in there???!!!grin

Eve4Walle Wed 07-Oct-09 08:52:55

Superdrug do a version of this which I have used in the past, and it's very good. It's called Instant Radiance Balm and is about £3-4 if I remember rightly.

I have used the Clarins version too and it's about the same IMO.

GetOrfMoiLand Wed 07-Oct-09 08:57:54

Yes, have also used the Superdrug one, agree that is just as good as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now