Talk

Advanced search

sorry another Boots thread - need ones with non slip soles

(15 Posts)
flier Mon 05-Oct-09 11:12:56

I need some practical boots that I can wear basically all the time - with jeans, skirts, dresses etc, but which have chunky soles that won't have me slipping about in the ice and snow.
The previous ones I had were black calf length Timberlands and they were great, but can't see anything else like them.

flier Tue 06-Oct-09 12:29:33

just me then?

aarghhelp Tue 06-Oct-09 12:42:42

Hi, I want similar, and ones that look "presentable" for work. Since everyone seems so down on black ones I am wondering about brown. If I find something I like I will let you know wink but I might just wear my ancient ones a bit longer and wait for the sales...

Oh and I haven't seen the Fly London ones in real life but the soles look quite chunky in the pictures.

flier Tue 06-Oct-09 12:50:45

thanks aarghhelp smile I can't wear my old ones any longer - they stink sad actually I chucked them in the washing machine this morning in the hope that maybe I can get a wee bit longer out of them to give me time to get another pair blush

PoisonToadstool Tue 06-Oct-09 13:31:53

I got some Fly Mes delivered this morning, they are fab, I love them, very chunky and grippy, they're perfect. I needed a good sole for trudging around the park in the mud, what joy.

You might prefer the Mol if you like them higher, these are mid-calf and I think just high enough for skirts.

flier Tue 06-Oct-09 14:14:58

thanks poisontoodstool, will take a look at them just now.

flier Tue 06-Oct-09 14:17:48

they both look perfect but you're right, I think I would need the Mol. Can I ask where you got yours from?

kormaAAAARRRRGGHHchameleon Tue 06-Oct-09 14:19:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

flier Tue 06-Oct-09 14:27:24

Korma - have you tried Next?

Squishabelle Tue 06-Oct-09 14:30:56

Flier just had a look and those tan and brown ones for £24 are a steal. Thanks.

flier Tue 06-Oct-09 14:32:44

you're welcome squish grin they are a bit bargainous aren't they?

kormaAAAARRRRGGHHchameleon Tue 06-Oct-09 14:43:57

flier Tue 06-Oct-09 14:50:19

teehee infants! no wonder they are so cheap! blush

kormaAAAARRRRGGHHchameleon Tue 06-Oct-09 14:52:02

aarghhelp Tue 06-Oct-09 14:53:52

They are down as boys shoes grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now