Talk

Advanced search

What to wear for a first date with these shoes...

(21 Posts)
mmmwine Mon 05-Oct-09 11:09:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ladyem Mon 05-Oct-09 11:44:47

Classic pear shape always looks good in an a-line skirt as it skims over the hips! Go with the trend of having a chunky belt on the waist, so it highlights your tiniest part. You can do this look so it is not too dressy and goes well with flats! (btw, love the shoes!) You could do wide leg trousers too. Have you tried bootleg trousers/jeans as the balance out the hips? I have the height problem, too, so I know what it's like!! grin

Have fun!! grin

mmmwine Mon 05-Oct-09 11:56:57

plumblossom Mon 05-Oct-09 12:15:50

I think the shoes are lovely too and you could still wear them with dresses - there are lots of lovely little knitted dresses out they they would look lovely with too.

Ladyem Mon 05-Oct-09 17:25:47

oo, yes, I love those knitted dresses!!

Let us know how you get on! wink

mmmwine Mon 05-Oct-09 21:07:16

nicolamumof3 Mon 05-Oct-09 21:14:51

love those shoes!!

mmmwine Mon 05-Oct-09 21:33:36

Ladyem Mon 05-Oct-09 21:54:01

ooo, like it! Might need to get me one of those!! Think you're right, though about wearing it with flats if you were wearing tights, although what about with leggings underneath and flats? Then still casual.

What about this as more a-line, or this as is a bit longer? Would you be able to get away with the skinny jeans underneath if the jumper dress was longer like the second one? (see the pic of it in lime green! here) skinny jeans would look nice with those shoes!

Might be totally off the mark of what you are after, but am enjoying the virtual shopping!!! grin

mmmwine Mon 05-Oct-09 22:01:05

notyummy Mon 05-Oct-09 22:05:11

I like the Next one (eek, I HATE Next - things I thought I'd never say!). Slightly longer I think, therefore potentially more flattering unless you have long modelesque legs.

Ladyem Tue 06-Oct-09 09:42:41

Oh pooh! Hate it when they are out of stock! Will continue the search!!

mmmwine Wed 07-Oct-09 14:08:02

Ladyem Wed 07-Oct-09 14:57:46

Ooooo, nice! Yep, definitely like those! You are making me want to go out and buy shoes!! grin Liking the sound of a short wrap dress, too! Think you'll knock him out! grin

(Don't worry if you are a little bit taller than him in your heels, I have a friend who is 6' 1" and her DH is around 5' 7" and no one bats an eyelid!)

Have a fab time and let us know how you get on!! wink

<<Abandons ironing pile and goes off to look more at shoes!!>>

mmmwine Wed 07-Oct-09 17:54:50

Ladyem Fri 09-Oct-09 10:06:26

Found some nice shoe boots on faith website, but £90, so unlikely!! Didn't stop me drooling, though!! grin

How did the date go?

Ladyem Fri 09-Oct-09 10:08:26

ps HOW did you manage to wrangle 10% off?!!

Doodlez Fri 09-Oct-09 10:08:47

Thread title reads like you're going on a first date with a pair of shoes! I was preparing my standard "Each to their own" type response grin

mmmwine Fri 09-Oct-09 12:15:30

Ladyem Fri 09-Oct-09 15:50:49

Sorry to heat you have swine flu. Hope you are not suffering too much.

Men!! hmm Hopefully he'll call soon to arrange your weekend dinner date! grin

Ladyem Fri 09-Oct-09 16:06:24

Whoops! hear, not heat! blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now