Talk

Advanced search

high-ish waisted jeans......oh, the shame but please help!

(24 Posts)
Indaba Sun 04-Oct-09 17:16:01

Anyone know where can I get high-ish waisted jeans, over the internet? ie major high street places.....I know they are terribly naff but I have 3 very young kids and perpetually look 7 months pregnant (on a good day).....and only high-ish waisted jeans prevents the muffin top/muffin tummy.....got some years ago from next & miss selfridge that I've flogged them to death....I need more but am failing to find any.....and I need to be able to order over internet..... Any ideas gratefully received. Thanks.

krugerparkrules Sun 04-Oct-09 17:26:46

you can try seven for all mankind who do a high waisted (just under belly button, very discreet!) version on their jeans ....
they are quite expensive (cheaper from the states if you have someone who can send you some over?)

SausageRocket Sun 04-Oct-09 17:28:55

High waisted jeans were 'in' not so long ago (last A/W ?) so there should still be some floating around the high st...

SausageRocket Sun 04-Oct-09 17:29:59

Next still do some, they are called 'Hi-Rise'. I can't link to them because Next is a funny site (flash or somesuch).

SausageRocket Sun 04-Oct-09 17:31:45

'Hula', by new look are quite high waisted and there are a number of leg lengths in the online sale at the mo. Even full price they are only a tenner.

seeyounexttues Sun 04-Oct-09 17:35:29

M&S do some for 12 quid I have a couple of pairs, they are very comfortable and very forgiving

SausageRocket Sun 04-Oct-09 17:37:21

A few styles/prices on ASOS

tulpe Sun 04-Oct-09 18:05:56

I can recommend the Asda straight leg jeans. £12 and available over the tinterweb .

I have exactly same issue as you (plus I am long in the body anyway). They fit beautifully and don't make your ass look mahoosive like other high-waisted styles

Clayhead Sun 04-Oct-09 18:08:02

M&S do them

Jajas Sun 04-Oct-09 18:12:30

I sympathise and have also bought the high rise jeans from Next which are great in that respect but always in bootcut style which isn't so 'in' these days. Wish you could buy a trendy straight cut but discreetly high rise for those of us who hate that feeling of low rise jeans.

Grandhighpoohba Sun 04-Oct-09 18:21:50

Depends what size you are. If 18 or above, the new look range for plus sizes is all high waisted. As are Evans.

I found I had to go for these as after having DS, low rise jeans just spent all day falling down. My body is a strange shape now. sad And its a size 18 angry

babybarrister Sun 04-Oct-09 19:41:13

if you fancy a splurge try Not Your Daughters Jeans - high waisted and pull in tummies .....!

FABIsInTraining Sun 04-Oct-09 19:42:38

The M&S ones are good for a bit and then shrink.

chachachachacha Sun 04-Oct-09 19:45:10

I have a pair of levi 629's which are a higher waist and v flattering

angrypixie Sun 04-Oct-09 19:47:27

Another vote for Not your daughters jeans! Buy at least a size smaller than you are (an even better reason for buying them.) grin

motherlovebone Sun 04-Oct-09 20:25:41

i found the M&S were crap.

i covet NYDJ.

i wish they were MDJ because i could borrow them grin

tillykins Sun 04-Oct-09 20:28:29

I love the M&S ones!

used2bthin Sun 04-Oct-09 20:32:07

I've got some jigsaw ones that are high waisted, actually I find them a bit too high waisted because they still give me a muffin top when I sit down. Recently I got my new favourite jeans-Boden straight legs. I've gained over half a stone recently and these jeans are what I'm wearing to feel a bit better about myself, they really hold me in.

Mybox Sun 04-Oct-09 20:33:46

check out Lands end www.landsend.co.uk/ix/womens-clothing/women/trousers-jeans/Waist+Height=Traditional/Fabric=Denim/ind ex.html?seq=1~2~3~4~5&catNumbers=1~18&visible=1~2~1~1~1&store=le&sort=Recommended&pageSize=12&tab=2

Mybox Sun 04-Oct-09 20:34:29

Don't know what happened there!!!

Mybox Sun 04-Oct-09 20:36:32

"Lands End"

Mybox Sun 04-Oct-09 20:37:51

Can't get the link to work but if you go to the Lands End uk website & choose trousers & then waist height traditional & fabric jeans you'll be there!

trixymalixy Sun 04-Oct-09 21:31:18

another vote for the asda straight leg jeans!

Indaba Wed 07-Oct-09 16:26:53

To everyone that has responded.....thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you......am v excited at all my new options.....I have been wearing my current higher waisted pair for so long they can almost walk on their own.....and I was so sick of my lower slung, tummy popping over the waist band look! Thanks to everyone....you have made some one very happy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now