Talk

Advanced search

Posh outfit with bf-ing monster boobs - what can I wear?

(10 Posts)
marjoriedawessassy Thu 09-Jun-05 08:03:39

Been invited to a 'black tie and posh frocks' do next month (my boss's leaving do). Problem is I am still bf-ing and my normally large boobs are ENORMOUS - a 36H/34J . On a size 12 frame they look pretty silly, to say the least. I will be wearing a minimiser bra to help a bit, but have no clue how to dress to avoid looking like Jordan hitting the Chelsea clubs.
Help, o stylish ones!!!

suzywong Thu 09-Jun-05 08:05:41

that's a tough one, think of a celeb who has big norks and then google images to see what she would wear, not a crap celeb obviously

Puff Thu 09-Jun-05 08:08:19

deep v necked dresses or tops are good, nothing with a high neck - makes a large bust look v matronly (owner here of a 38 GG ).

Nightynight Thu 09-Jun-05 08:08:23

Liz Hurley?

Satine Thu 09-Jun-05 08:11:28

What sort of budget are you on? I bought a gorgeous Max Mara dress a couple of months ago which is so well cut it would look great on your figure but it was £300 (gulp - but it's the first really nice thing I've bought for donkey's years and I'm going to have to trot it out at every party till I'm 50...)

Nightynight Thu 09-Jun-05 08:28:56

satine

marjoriedawessassy Thu 09-Jun-05 08:29:41

Satine - £300?
Wish I had that sort of money, but afraid its more like £80 max.
ALWAYS wear v necks, Puff ; othewise me hoo hars look as if they'e growing out of me neck!!

charleepeters Thu 09-Jun-05 08:34:37

not Jordan!!!!!!!!

marjoriedawessassy Thu 09-Jun-05 08:36:12

Its the Jordan look I'm trying to avoid cp!

basketcase Thu 09-Jun-05 08:44:58

As a woman with rather large boobs myself (all natural) I can symapthise. Totally agree with the wide deep V neck line. There are two other considerations worth thinking about:
a) where the eye is drawn - eg. no long styled necklaces dangling into chasms, if wanting something patterned better to have a pattern/brighter coloured item on the bottom half than the top, ear rings are good at drawing the eye up to the face etc. etc.
b) proportions - avoid tight waisted clothes. Even if you are happy with a nice size 12 waist, will make boobs look even bigger. Not saying go for the bin bag style, just avoid tight fitting on the waist/tummy line. Lower slung styles such as hipster trouser suits or the summer skirts/dresses with a nice wide jazzy belt will balance your boobs with your hips more than your waist. Avoid short sleeves that stop with the horizontal line of your boobs - makes boobs look even wider somehow - shorter or longer is fine just avoid the illusion of more width at chest point.

HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now