Talk

Advanced search

I'm thinking of getting a perm...........

(5 Posts)
waitingforbetterdays Sun 04-Oct-09 11:38:17

I want to have curly hair for a change, my hair always looks the same and I want something different. Not an old ladys type of perm as I'm only 24, but stylish curly hair.

Just wondering if anyone else has had a perm and if it is hard to look after or not? And if it ruins your hair afterwards?

Georgimama Sun 04-Oct-09 11:42:26

I've recently had a perm for the first time ever in my life (aged 30) shortish brown hair (chin length bob pre perm) and I love it! It's far far easier to look after than my old bob - I shampoo and condition daily, spritz with some John Freida (I think) curl stuff, comb through with an afro comb and give it a scrunch and that's it. I don't blow dry it because it goes too big and not properly curly.

I wish I had had a perm years ago.

waitingforbetterdays Sun 04-Oct-09 11:51:19

Really sounds great, my hair is longer abit bit below my sholders... The other thing I was thinking about is I dont want my hair to look wet and crunchy all the time wih the moose so the spray sounds better.

It is just scary to go curly, but I think there is a way of getting rid of the perm if you dont want it any longer, so might give it a try...

Georgimama Sun 04-Oct-09 11:56:31

It can be relaxed if you hate it. Or if you want it straight for the day you could use straighteners. I was surprised at how little length I lost, it is pretty much the same length as before.

waitingforbetterdays Sun 04-Oct-09 11:59:30

Do you think it is a good idea to get a perm in winter? I am thinking summer would be better as its easier to go out with wet hair in sumer. But I dont want to wait that long. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now