Talk

Advanced search

what should an 'apple' wear?

(14 Posts)
Greatfun Sun 04-Oct-09 11:26:55

I am a classic apple shape. Slim legs and bottom with a wide waist area. I am size 14 and 5'4.Biggish norks. I need advice on what shapes to look for. I really need to sort my wardrobe out.

BonjourIvresse Sun 04-Oct-09 22:34:45

short a line skirts. skinnys with a tunic top. Both of thesework for me, though I'm taller than you, so proportions might be different....

OhYouBadBadKitten Sun 04-Oct-09 22:36:05

I think toffee goes quite well. Bit of a cliche I know but the classic recipes have a lot going for them.

moaningminniewhingesagain Sun 04-Oct-09 23:05:37

Slim bootcut jeans, V necked tops even things out a bit for me, I am a similar shape but shorter. But I dress like I'm 25 yrs older than I am, so don't listen to megrin

whyme2 Sun 04-Oct-09 23:07:05

I was thinking pastry and custard actually.

OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 05-Oct-09 12:49:41

whyme

Greatfun Mon 05-Oct-09 19:35:56

Thanks for the culinary and fashion advice. Both are useful wink. Never thought of short A-line skirts before so will look into that.

CarGirl Mon 05-Oct-09 19:42:48

I look good in not sure what they're called longer sort of fish tail shaped skirts, fitted around the waist and hips and then get much fuller around the bottom.

GhoulsAreLoud Mon 05-Oct-09 19:45:00

I quite like cropped cardigans/shrugs with long length vests (a must to cover the muffin top!) That seems to give me more of a defined waist.

Greatfun Mon 05-Oct-09 21:27:27

Problem is my waist is just a roll of fat! Nice.

Melfish Mon 05-Oct-09 21:39:21

I think I've been indulging too much in those culinary tips so my waist too is a roll of fat grin

I found those 'pannier' skirts, the ones that make your hips look a bit wider, quite helpful as it makes your waist look smaller. I got one from French Connection and another in an Orla Kiely sample sale. Or have a look at skirts with a wide waistband, some of those 50s style full skirts are nice, Boden do them- I think they are called swishy skirts?

fishie Mon 05-Oct-09 21:44:03

empire line
non dainty footwear to balance it out
nothing high on the neck

TanyaBranning Mon 05-Oct-09 21:51:53

I'm a tall apple. V-necks definitely good. I steer completely clear of high necks or scoop necks. Anything that nips in directly under the bust is good, as long as it's not too flowy to make you look pregnant. Slim legged jeasn better than skinny I think, if your lacking in hip.arse department.

noddyholder Mon 05-Oct-09 21:53:51

crumble!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now