Talk

Advanced search

What style of coat for my shape?

(8 Posts)
MrsAlwaysRight Sun 04-Oct-09 07:37:23

Can anyone suggest what style of coat would suit my shape? I am a size 14 with broad shoulders, large norks and a bit of waist (kind of hourglass I guess). I normally struggle to find something that isn't too tight across my shoulders yet still shows I have a waist!
I am after a warm coat for everyday use. Have just found out I am pregant too just to complicate coat matters! Am happy to buy normal coat for time being then have a rethink once bump appears.
Thanks in advance smile

aarghhelp Sun 04-Oct-09 16:44:50

I'd suggest a swing coat for pregnancy (I got a Windsmoor black cashmere one off Ebay in a larger size that did me wonderfully all the way through) and a belted style to emphasise waist when not needing to accommodate a bump.

Single breasted best with big boobs.

Heated Sun 04-Oct-09 16:53:33

Although ££ would this sort of cut suits you (I#m asimilar shape) here and here but see you're going to need more room for bump (congratulations btw)

Heated Sun 04-Oct-09 16:59:29

swing duffle

Heated Sun 04-Oct-09 17:19:17

oasis
dotty p
peacocks
new look
topshop
ascension
promod

brokenspacebar Sun 04-Oct-09 20:35:46

I have similar figure, norks and waist - I bought this to tide me over until I find my winter coat. I had a lovely moleskin coat from gap once, v-neck, to just above the knee - it was fab.

I like heated's suggestions, but I fear they are for small norked only.

brokenspacebar Sun 04-Oct-09 20:39:20

this looks like it could be flattering.

MrsAlwaysRight Sun 04-Oct-09 20:39:54

Thank you for the suggestions, there are a couple there I really like the look of. Atleast I will have any idea where to start now! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now