Talk

Advanced search

Brokenspacebar - has your new coat arrived yet and do you like it?

(13 Posts)
baconsandwich Sat 03-Oct-09 18:59:51

Dying to hear - I like it too but waiting for your verdict! In Scotland also so sympathise with the high street coat dilemma.

brokenspacebar Mon 05-Oct-09 22:22:06

Hello bacon, it has, finally been dispatched - I am hoping it is going to be here by Wednesday (optimistic). I will keep you posted.. I saw a lovely Aigle parka in a mag, if the Merrell one isn't right.

Predicting a mini heat wave in the October holidays now I have purchased a warm coat....grin

NorkilyChallenged Tue 06-Oct-09 22:26:10

Oi, get in line baconsandwich, I'm waiting to hear about the coat too wink

brokenspacebar Tue 06-Oct-09 22:38:27

lol... I hope it comes tomorrow.

<impatient>

brokenspacebar Wed 07-Oct-09 10:01:35

I have my new coat!

brokenspacebar Wed 07-Oct-09 12:53:58

I am giving it 7.5 out of ten, marks off for price, and the neckline, which feels a little restrictive (which might be a good thing when it gets to gale force winds and driving rain weather.).

It isn't very bulky, though it has a quilted lining, it has a covered zip, then there are duffle coat toggles - it is reasonably fitted, but with room for layers. I still feel a bit, eh, sturdy in it. Good snug fit on the wrists, and comfy too.

The length is good, though it would have been better if it finished on my knee, rather than above my knee (glad I am short for once), but it is good having a warm back and thighs being covered.

The colour is well just brown, not very exciting, I wish I could have had more choice there, it is available in black or white too.

I will wait and see what dh thinks - but I am quite happy with it, it is fit for purpose(going to school and standing around in the freezing playground for 30 mins + every day), and it should be good for winter walks too. I wouldn't say it is stylish, but it has a certain duffle coat snugly charm.

brokenspacebar Wed 07-Oct-09 13:02:37

dark olive and eggshell available in the U.S. I like the contrast colour on the dark olive hood and think it would have gone better with my fly boots....?

brokenspacebar Wed 07-Oct-09 13:04:34

try again olive

pcworld Wed 07-Oct-09 13:06:48

My North Face Arctic Parka arrived, it is nice and certainly v warm but I am sending it back as it is too small plus I wasn't keen on the hood. Really like the look of the Aigle parka! Am seriously considering this instead.

brokenspacebar Wed 07-Oct-09 13:16:45

Let me know how you get on with it pcworld,I liked the aigle parka too, not sure about the hood, but I know hoods can be annoying.

I got a Medium in the Merrell, it is a good fit - I am a size 12, 32 F norks.

I think I am going to get to test my new coat out, pouring rain and very cold here now - beautiful sunshine earlier.

NorkilyChallenged Wed 07-Oct-09 16:18:01

Hmmm, that's really interesting Brokenspacebar... I am torn now as it is expensive I think and I'm not sure about feeling sturdy. Plus it sounds shorter htan I had imagined (was thinking knee length - I am 5ft6).

Right, will have to think as the weather has started to turn and I need something soon...

Yes, the olive with contrast hood is nice

NorkilyChallenged Wed 07-Oct-09 16:21:22

Is this the Aigle parka of which you both speak?

brokenspacebar Wed 07-Oct-09 18:14:30

this one Norkily - even more expensive than the Merrell, but gorgeous and it looks knee length to me.

I am loving my new coat btw - it is definitely worth the money, now that I have worn it, felt like I had an electric blanket wrapped around me, kept off the rain and people have been complimentary about it so far.smile It looks nicer in rl.

Have you looked at any Didriksons coats? will get links if you like... again they are not cheap, but I think you get what
you pay for with a waterproof coat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now