Talk

Advanced search

Short Uggs with knee length (or slightly shorter) tea dresses......what do we think?

(39 Posts)
tulpe Sat 03-Oct-09 13:29:28

I am considering purchasing some chestnut short Uggs. However, am wondering if they only look good with skinny jeans. I have far too many pairs of shoes which only get worn occasionally because they only go with a particular thing.

Most of my winter wardrobe is made up of tea dresses. Would uggs look awful with a tea dress and opaques/leggings?

(BTW.....why are they called tea dresses???? hmm )

moondog Sat 03-Oct-09 13:31:18

OMFG

I implore you not to.
I also implore you not to even contemplate wearing Uggs with anything.
They are vile.

(Sort of thing one wore to take tea in days of youre.)

mwff Sat 03-Oct-09 13:36:04

biker boots better.

tulpe Sat 03-Oct-09 13:37:26

Moondog!

I just want some warm brown boots. My feet are always so cold in winter. I have looked at Fly Mols today online but whilst I think they are nice, they are not right for me.

Thanks for the explanation of tea dress That was what I thought it probably was but wondered if I was missing some other important sartorial reference!

tulpe Sat 03-Oct-09 13:39:05

I have biker boots in black. I love them but the black can see quite harsh against some of my prettier dresses.

Do I now need biker boots in brown now instead of Uggs then?

mwff Sat 03-Oct-09 13:40:32

brown biker boots, warm socks.

nickelbabe Sat 03-Oct-09 13:42:26

you can get Dr martens in all kinds of colours: a friend of mine once had a lovely green velvet pair.
they'll look less harsh against your lovely floaty, feminine dresses.

although i like the look, i think you'd need to be younger than 25 to pull it off.

if you are, then good, if you're not, please consider wearing normal knee length boots (in any colour)

moondog Sat 03-Oct-09 13:44:37

I think these are great but maybe too pricey and not trendy enough?

mwff Sat 03-Oct-09 13:48:36

you loaded? these just jumped out at me as i was passing if you want warm brown boots. (i think they're yeuch, but no accounting for taste )

tulpe Sat 03-Oct-09 13:50:17

nickelbabe - did DMs as a student 17 years ago. Think DH would divorce me if I ever returned to those boots!

Sadly, 25 is many moons ago now for me. Am 38 years old.

Okay am definitely warming to the brown biker boots idea.

Moondog - which Hobbs ones did you mean? I have knee length black heeled boots from Hobbs which I bought 5 years ago. They are fab and still going strong so I am happy to pay their prices as I think they are good quality and worth the money.

tulpe Sat 03-Oct-09 13:52:13

Agree with you mwff, those are yeuch!

How about these though, also from Toast and lots of pennies.

suwoo Sat 03-Oct-09 13:53:29

I wear my uggs with tea dresses in the winter. So does my sister, so thats 2 people who do...you may not find many more on here grin

moondog Sat 03-Oct-09 13:53:57

I was looking at Reese but St marys nice too.
I've got a pair of Hobbs black boots that i love.
Also a long pair of sort of nubuck biker boots from Russell & Bromley who don't seem to sell online.

Mwff, those are ghastly. grin

moondog Sat 03-Oct-09 13:54:41

Tulpe i don't like those other ones either. Too flat-you need a chunky hell.t

mwff Sat 03-Oct-09 13:54:45

these better

moondog Sat 03-Oct-09 13:56:05

Mwff, I could buy those in a building cvontractors for about £10.
wink

mwff Sat 03-Oct-09 13:57:18

well indeed, but we were talking toast and the style is better than the long ones.

tulpe Sat 03-Oct-09 14:01:26

How about this style?

or are those totally wrong?!

Don't like the shorty Toast ones. I would look too granny like and I feel my calves would fill them out too much

tulpe Sat 03-Oct-09 14:04:19

or how about these from Rocket Dog (don't know the brand but think I have seen them mentioned on MN).

moondog Sat 03-Oct-09 14:09:10

They're alright.
Are you very thin because only thin folk get away with stuff like that?

Hoppity Sat 03-Oct-09 14:10:08

I think uggs look most unbattractive.........but also warm and practical (esp when carrying baby in scarf)

so i am tempted to get a pair simply based on: when was the last time we saw something highly fashionable and yet snug and easy to wear?

tulpe - go for a pair and i will follow

tulpe Sat 03-Oct-09 14:14:23

Hoppity. You are tempted by uggs for the very same reasons as me.

Moondog, I am size 8-10. Wouldn't say I was "very thin" but definitely slim

mwff Sat 03-Oct-09 14:16:25

first ones good, not keen on strappy bits on second lot. rocket dogs are usually not leather i think - those ones aren't.

moondog wrong re v thin btw

mwff Sat 03-Oct-09 14:18:34

but they're not practical are they - can't wear in rain.

tulpe Sat 03-Oct-09 14:22:01

Bugger! Thanks for pointing out fact they aren't leather, mwff. Brain not working properly and missed the "leather look" label on the web page <<shudders at thought and impact of non-leather shoes on feet >>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now