Talk

Advanced search

Why do people on here go on about Kew? I've never seen a more uninspiring range of drab clothes.

(15 Posts)
moondog Fri 02-Oct-09 23:58:35

I mean ^honestly^.

LauraIngallsWilder Sat 03-Oct-09 00:04:08

moondog that is hardly inspiring!

I thought you meant Kew Gardens - We dont have stylish shops here, mostly uninspiring ones!

LauraIngallsWilder Sat 03-Oct-09 00:06:25

I note that should I wish to trek to Cardiff I could visit a kew concession and be unispired....or I could just stick with our peacocks and QS and be unispired here

I just cant get my head round the idea of buying clothes online blush

Their knot tops are cut long enough that those who have short stubby little legs are long in the body can wear them without flashing midriff all over the place, which is sadly rare in tops these days.

And this is nice on people who aren't me with good legs (although £60 is steep and almost makes me grateful for shortness and stubbiness of my own legs which make skirts like this a complete nonstarter).

But I wouldn't fill my whole wardrobe with stuff from Kew, certainly.

moondog Sat 03-Oct-09 00:12:45

Prof, but it's just a dull ole skirt!

Jajas Sat 03-Oct-09 00:25:54

I had two skirts delivered and they were beautifully made and can see why the cost, but they were too big for me so back they went.

But it's quite a nice dull ole skirt, as dull ole skirts go, and not every item of clothing a person owns needs to be exciting.

TigerDrivesAgain Sat 03-Oct-09 00:36:38

zzzzzzzzz

You can buy boring clothes in the shops, why go online.

Amaris Sat 03-Oct-09 06:31:41

I go online because getting to the shops is very hard whereas sitting at my computer bored once dd in bed is very easy!

Blackduck Sat 03-Oct-09 07:13:17

It worries me that they have a School Run outfit section grin Website is truely rubbish as well...

purplepeony Sat 03-Oct-09 08:21:28

well, I used to be a Kew fan- you know it's the sister company of Jigsaw?

My wardrobe consists of some lovely Kew bits - silky knee length skirts, trousers and a few bits of knitwear, all bought about 3 seasons back. I used to love the colours, especailly the teal shades.

Since then, I have not bought a lot though.

Now it all resembles maternity wear and as long as I have a waist, i want to show it off!

ohnelly Sat 03-Oct-09 11:42:51

Never heard of it!!

trixymalixy Sat 03-Oct-09 12:50:57

I totally agree and what's the deal with land's end as well, you might as well shop at Damart!

moondog Sat 03-Oct-09 13:29:55

Land's End.
Clothes to wear before you move into a retirement village. Minging.

Megglevache Sat 03-Oct-09 17:21:04

LOL

I went in recently with

Lady in her 60's
Yummy mummy
me
Casual/gym bunny
post preggy and not keen on shopping for clothes lady
Very trendy alternative type

We all bought somehting and most of them had never set foot in it. There is a lovely shift dress with a fab pattern I am after grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now