Talk

Advanced search

KEW- anyone?

(17 Posts)
purplepeony Fri 02-Oct-09 18:39:00

Used to be one of my fave shops where I could always walk out with something.
Have only seen a small selection of stuff this year in J Lewis, and online- but is is sooooo drab.

Anyone seen the whole range yet and felt inspired?

CybilLiberty Fri 02-Oct-09 18:40:47

I was in there the other day, saw a couple of nice accessories but nothing really grabbed me. Perhaps you have to try it on to see

Frrrightattendant Fri 02-Oct-09 18:42:38

no.
Tbh everything looks very bland...I was scrolling through jersey dress after jersey dress and thinking 'er is there anything different?'

I don't think there is! Massive overpricing doesn't help either. And why have they got large wooden owls in the windows. hmm

MarthaFarquhar Fri 02-Oct-09 18:46:21

I know it's very plain, but their stuff hangs really, really well. this was so much more flattering than some of the cheaper dresses I've tried.

helpivegottogivebirth Fri 02-Oct-09 18:54:36

no - i used to love it as its colours suited me. but it hs gone downhill over the last couple of years ... and got expensive.

PVish Fri 02-Oct-09 19:51:23

agree VERY over priced this season

Tortington Fri 02-Oct-09 19:58:36

i know that its on the tip of everyones tongue at the moment

but it's dull dull dull

example here

just clickedo n womens tops

and i see at the top of my page

three extremely over priced dull shapeless and frankly shit tops

in a nice shade of dark dull, dark purple dull and black dull

Frrrightattendant Fri 02-Oct-09 20:01:39

all those look exactly the same custy

and they want 30 quid! For each! Not a pack of three! shock

M&S do similar for 12 and that's pushing it.

I honestly am starting to get really narked with these shops that think they can charge £££ for absolute run of the mill nonsense.

Arrogant doesn't cover it really.

ADifferentMe Fri 02-Oct-09 20:08:23

I mentioned to the assistant in Kew about 6 months ago that I thought they'd got very expensive and she was really surprised and just waffled on about paying for quality. I paid £58 for a pair of linen trousers in there (birthday voucher, honest) and got an almost identical pair in Sainsburys for £20.

Just can't justify shopping there any more - it doesn't have the quirkiness of White Stuff, which is my latest favourite.

IWantCleanCarpets Fri 02-Oct-09 20:10:07

Always looks nice but I've never actually bought anything

Frrrightattendant Fri 02-Oct-09 20:10:49

I went off all those posh shops recently, having only discovered them last autumn...saying that I only ever bought a couple of sale things but at first they seemed a bit 'special', as in paying a bit more for quality. Now I think it is all a big con especially having experienced their Oh so ingratiating behaviour when you are shopping and looking-down-their-noses trying to fob you off when you return something, even if it's faulty...apparently nobody in the shop knows the return policy...hmm

Frrrightattendant Fri 02-Oct-09 20:11:24

...until you point out that it is displayed on the counter.

PutDown Fri 02-Oct-09 20:24:51

I like their drapey cardigans..'Fabstretch' or something,and have a navy fine knit dress from there which is gorgeous.
Their knitwear doesn't bobble like Boden's,either.
Never buy trousers or skirts from them.

Frrrightattendant Fri 02-Oct-09 20:41:26

I do actually have a couple of nice samples from them. Stretchy cardi (not drapey though, fitted) and a very nice long jersey dress with bobbly trimmings on it.
Quite dear even so, oh and a stretchy thick jumper which does hang well. That was another sample though and is full of yarn joins inside!!!

castille Fri 02-Oct-09 20:55:41

I wish they'd put people inside their clothes on the website.

Can't tell what their dresses and tops are properly like in those pics.

bramblebooks Fri 02-Oct-09 21:29:31

I don't buy from Kew in the winter, but like a nice couple of bits of linen in the spring.
Agree about the pricing. Yikes.
I walked out of Joules the other day seeing that they wanted £22 for a little vest top!!!

mumtoted Fri 02-Oct-09 21:40:04

I felt very embarrassed in there when looking at some lovely velvet skirts. The assistant came to help me find my size(16)
and they only went up to a 14! Obviously only want slim customers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now