Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone had their hair coloured at a hairdressing training salon?

(7 Posts)
CybilLiberty Fri 02-Oct-09 18:03:34

And lived to tell the tale?

Mine needs doing BIG TIME but I can't be arsed to self colour as it always goes gingery, or pay £60 for my handsome hairdresser to do it.

IneedacleanerIamalazyslattern Fri 02-Oct-09 18:20:28

Me and my mum used to do it all the time.
Got cut there too, never had any problems they are all at a certain stage of their training and well supervised.
I recommend it to everyone.
Have also been done by the junior at my usual hairdresser on a training evening and that was free again supervised and no problems.

KristinaM Fri 02-Oct-09 18:35:08

yes, when i was hard up i used to go to a well known training salon in the city centre. not free but much reduced price and just as good as elsewhere

cookielove Fri 02-Oct-09 18:42:15

i have had it done, what i wanted was some nice soft honey and caramel hightlights what i got whats straw blonde, and at first i thought i could live with it, but i couldn't and in the end i went back in and had some kind of treatment that softened them up, which was free of charge (phew) bad thing about it was they called the trainee in on her day off to come do it so she could learn from her mistake blush

CybilLiberty Fri 02-Oct-09 18:50:43

Might give it a whirl then

snice Fri 02-Oct-09 18:54:09

DO leave twice as long as usual though!!
They have to get every stage checked so it takes forever but the results in my case were fine.

CybilLiberty Fri 02-Oct-09 18:54:53

ok good tip

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now