Talk

Advanced search

What type of opaques do you buy?

(11 Posts)
tulpe Fri 02-Oct-09 17:49:25

Brand, style & denier please

Usually buy either Wolford or John Lewis own cotton-rich tights.

Have been looking around for the last week or so at various makes. In particular, does anyone have any experience of:

Falke merino wool
Falke cotton touch
John Lewis microfibre opaques

I don't like anything remotely glossy or high sheen - which I suspect may be true of the microfibre option.

CybilLiberty Fri 02-Oct-09 17:51:34

Nah, I buy Primark, as they are long in the leg. My tights tend to hole quite quickly so I object to spending a lot to snag them on a table at work.

claricebeansmum Fri 02-Oct-09 17:52:11

Falke cotton touch. I think that is what I have. They are lovely.

M&S used to do something similar in cotton too.

squeaver Fri 02-Oct-09 17:52:38

M&S 60 denier. Microfibre ones are a bit shiney ime.

squeaver Fri 02-Oct-09 17:53:05

Had mine on for the first time last night. Oh I was happy.

tulpe Fri 02-Oct-09 17:57:42

Cybil - what are the primark ones like? Are they cotton type ones or more synthetic? Like the sound of them being long in the leg. I am relatively short of leg but always seem to end up with saggy crotched tights like a sodding 2 year old angry despite following advice on pack.

tulpe Fri 02-Oct-09 17:59:16

Claricebeansmum - what is the sizing like on the Falke ones? Are they true to size?

Also, what is the quality like? Do they last well?

CybilLiberty Fri 02-Oct-09 17:59:46

Well mine are in hibernation at the moment so I can't really say.

tulpe Fri 02-Oct-09 18:00:18

Squeaver - thought the microfibre ones might be shiny. Shame, as they have a gorgeous shade of purple in JL's range at the moment........... but they may do it in their other types too.

claricebeansmum Fri 02-Oct-09 18:02:07

My Falke's have lasted really well. Just remember to wash the black ones inside out to help maintain colour.

I hate synthetic tights and these are all cotton feely and nice and not sweaty making.

I have not found sizing an issue - no low flying crotch issues.

tulpe Fri 02-Oct-09 18:07:09

am loving "no low flying crotch issues"

Looks like Falke might be the way to go then.

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now