Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Seeking a lovely coat

(11 Posts)
MsPrufrock Fri 02-Oct-09 13:43:30

Hi MNers,
Have been pondering where I could buy a lovely winter coat, and suddenly realised I could do my first MN post and ask for some advice on here.
I am looking for a lovely coat. It doesn't have to be too warm (I live in London, and am - ahem - a bit too well padded). By preference I don't want a black coat, as black coats make me feel like I'm back at school. I am thinking perhaps grey, or brown, or even dark purple or dark teal, or perhaps a pattern if it was subtle enough to go with most stuff?
I'm around a size 16 - 18, with really big boobs, and I'm after something with a waist that will give me some shape and not make me look like a pudding. I tried one from Boden, but it was a funny colour of brown, and the material was a bit knobbly...
What I really want is a coat that will make me look like Kirstie Allsop from the neck down, rather than looking like Mr Blobby. Surely such a thing exists?
Would be so grateful for any help or tips anyone can give. I am an inveterate internet shopper, but am based in London so could make it out to most chains if the perfect coat is only available on the high street and not online.
Thanks in advance,
Ms P
x

DoNotGoGently Fri 02-Oct-09 13:51:47

I have just bought this [[ http://www.asos.com/Gap/Gap-Wool-Double-Breasted-Coat/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=816118&cid=5589&Rf-40 0=12279&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Grey]] with my 30% off vouvher from GAP and it is lovely. very soft wool cloth and beautiful lining. It looks lovely on and am justt waiting for some decent cold weather so I can wear it.

DoNotGoGently Fri 02-Oct-09 13:54:06

Sorry first time I've tried to do a link and it was crap!! Here it is

Daisydaydream Fri 02-Oct-09 13:56:59

Can't offer any suggestions, sorry, but will be checking back to see what other people suggest. I want a warm one, in a bright colour with a hood, but something smart, not an anorak. Basically something like Kirsty Allsop wears! Oooh she has some fab coats, as does the Political Correspondent on C4 news!

bodeniites Fri 02-Oct-09 13:59:32

iam an 18 and like Boden coats the best i love the Rainbow one in Navy at the moment

Clure Fri 02-Oct-09 17:27:43

this?
this
liking this
simple

bigTillyMint Fri 02-Oct-09 17:54:04

Oh DNGG, I didn't notice that coat when I spent my voucherenvy

BonjourIvresse Fri 02-Oct-09 18:00:44

bravissino do nice coats for women with big boobs...

Lastyearsmodel Fri 02-Oct-09 18:14:49

Just seen this.

Slightly odd, and might be way off the mark, but I'm a 16-18 and large of chest and the single-breasted style with the darts would suit me.

Not a bright colour, but certainly eye-catching.

bodeniites Fri 02-Oct-09 18:29:10

yes us big boobed ladies do not suit double breasted coats

MsPrufrock Fri 02-Oct-09 21:22:37

Oooh, lots of lovely suggestions. Thank you! Off to go and check them out.

(Meant to say in my first post that bondeniites, I agree with you, double-breasted is not a good look for me, sadly.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now