Talk

Advanced search

Is there a sensible reason for a moisturiser to say "avoid the eye area"

(9 Posts)
lisbey Thu 01-Oct-09 21:30:17

or is it just to sell you the matching eye cream?

Obviously the moisturiser won't speak, but you know what I mean.

PenguinProject Thu 01-Oct-09 21:37:53

Until about two months ago I would have said it was a scam, but I've recently developed what I can only describe as under eye exscma, well I would describe it as that if I could spell it! I have never had any reaction to any creams or anything before. The worst thing is that without make up I look like I have scaley blakc eyes but putting concealer on it just highlights the scales.

I think I've narrowed it down to a new Boots No 7 moisturiser. So watch out!

ja9 Thu 01-Oct-09 21:39:29

Penguin Project.... snap!!!! (except i haven't identified the source yet... so am still going around with scaly black eyes!) sad

hf128219 Thu 01-Oct-09 21:42:28

The reason is that the skin around the eye area is a lot thinner than the rest of the face - and as such needs little (depending on age) or a different cream.

ja9 Thu 01-Oct-09 22:59:45

boo hoo to the depending on age bit - i must have reached that stage

sob

sob

sob

PenguinProject Fri 02-Oct-09 11:24:18

Me too. :0(

SausageRocket Fri 02-Oct-09 11:30:37

most normal face moisturisers are too rich and thick for the eye area. They just clog up the thin, delicate skin.

midnightexpress Fri 02-Oct-09 11:36:03

PenguinProject - I was going to say exactly the same as you (down to the No7 - with me it was the Protect and Perfect or whatever it's called). I've just got back from the doctors (for the umpteenth time trying to sort out this same problem, it's been going on for a year now).

So yes, be careful what you put on your eyes.

bunjies Fri 02-Oct-09 11:38:54

Yes, because it f*king stings. I only found this out by chance this summer. Was very hot and the sweat was dribbling into my eyes. Couldn't understand why my eyes were stinging so much when I realised it was because the sweat was mixed with moisturiser.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now