Talk

Advanced search

Aspirin Facials

(8 Posts)
MichKit Thu 01-Oct-09 17:01:33

Hello, I've heard a lot about aspirin facials recently. I was wondering if anyone had tried them on here and does it help at all?

I am 30, have a mild form of milia, and uneven skin tone. My current routine is using the Eve Lom cleanser and Creme de la Mer's Gel afterwards. But they are both too expensive (income dropped drastically), so was hoping for cheaper alternatives to brighten skin and get rid of spots.

CybilLiberty Thu 01-Oct-09 17:06:07

Use a flannel to remove any old cleanser (altho I use the Eve Lom rip of from Boot as could no longer afford it) My skin has never looked better. it's the flannel that makes the difference

mummee09v Thu 01-Oct-09 17:57:40

i have done this!! mix a soluble aspirin with water to make a paste then leave it on your face for i dunno, 2 minutes or so, seems to make your skin softer.
xx

notjustapuppymum Thu 01-Oct-09 18:29:55

MichKit as the others have said, the aspirin facial is good but as a daily routine if you can't afford the Eve Lom anymore then removing any cleanser with a reasonably hot flannel or muslin (clean one each day though) will really make a difference as you'll be gently exfoliating each time.

MichKit Thu 01-Oct-09 21:13:05

Recommendations for cleansers please? I really like the Eve Lom texture, and would love something similar without the price tag!

ashbrook Sat 03-Oct-09 10:09:46

Hi

If you like Eve Lom but not the price then try Liz Earle - she does a beautiful cleanser with cloth for about £15. Smells divine and very gentle.

HTH's

A

DottyDot Sat 03-Oct-09 16:37:44

Yes I've done this - India Knight recommends this in her book, Thrift.

I get 4 - 6 aspirin, crush them up, add a few drops of water and put/rub on my face - feels nice and tingly and helps with the spots.

Aspirins cost 16p a packet so can't really get cheaper! smile

BiteOfFun Sat 03-Oct-09 16:57:08

If you search threads here for The Oil Cleansing Method, you'll find a lot of people love it, and it costs next to bugger all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now