Talk

Advanced search

It is SOOOOO cold - the eternal search for a coat.

(14 Posts)
brokenspacebar Thu 01-Oct-09 13:02:19

It is becoming more pressing for me to find something to keep me warm - a high of 10 degrees here today!

Opinions please on this it is available in green or brown.

I would also consider dark blue or purple. Does anyone know about Merrell sizing?

brokenspacebar Thu 01-Oct-09 13:22:22

or this in brown or red?

Again I am not sure what the sizing would be like, the Didrikson one seems slightly more fitted?

pcworld Thu 01-Oct-09 13:36:11

Is the Didrikson really, really warm? I really like that - but what is the lining, do you know? I'm going to go with a Landsend (eek! style alert!!) stamford squall, I think - bored looking now, lol!

brokenspacebar Thu 01-Oct-09 13:43:01

I don't know pc, it would be an internet order, I think the squall would drown me and I need something fitted, because I am short - I think I would look like Hatty Jaques in the squall.

pcworld Thu 01-Oct-09 13:44:35

LOL!!! I do have reservations about the Squall, too ... how about North Face?

pcworld Thu 01-Oct-09 13:44:35

LOL!!! I do have reservations about the Squall, too ... how about North Face?

brokenspacebar Thu 01-Oct-09 16:21:26

I think I might try the Merrell one first, then I will try the Didrikson one if it doesn't suit... North Face coats look warm, but I am not keen on the logo, just wrong for me really and maybe too pricey.

PestoSunshineMonster Thu 01-Oct-09 16:22:46

Gosh, where are you BrokenSpaceBar?
Tis boiling down here on South Coast.

brokenspacebar Thu 01-Oct-09 16:28:10

Really? Well, I am in the far North East of Scotland, we have skipped Autumn and are now into early winter by the feel of it. <shivering>

PestoSunshineMonster Thu 01-Oct-09 16:29:58

Poor you.

<<passes BrokenSpaceBar a nice fleecy blanket>>

Here, have this to wear Native-American style, until you get your new coat sorted out.

grin

brokenspacebar Thu 01-Oct-09 16:47:35

Thank you. I would make hot chocolate, but my cooker burst into flames last night - waiting on delivery of a new one (Monday).

I do have lovely Fly boots and they are keeping me warm, from the knee down.

brokenspacebar Fri 02-Oct-09 13:41:59

I have ordered the Merrell one. I hope it isn't too bulky on, but if it isn't right I will try the Didrikson one next.

NorkilyChallenged Sat 03-Oct-09 10:27:25

have you received it yet? would be interested to hear what it's like in real life - does it have a bit of shape as the picture suggests or is it a bit shapeless? what about sizing? I really like the look of it.

brokenspacebar Sun 04-Oct-09 00:37:55

I will let you know when it comes NC - it hasn't been dispatched yet, as far as I can tell.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now