Talk

Advanced search

Jil Sander at Uniqlo - anyone having any luck?

(19 Posts)
BobtheWoodmouse Thu 01-Oct-09 11:06:05

The site is crashing and I'm not getting anywhere, wish I lived nearer London :sad:

Anyone bagsied anything yet?

monkeysmama Thu 01-Oct-09 22:02:12

It's loading properly tonight but I added loads of stuff to my basket (well, a coat, 2 jumpers & some trousers) & it wouldn't let me pay even though I tried 3 (of dp's blush cards)

I am in London but my dd loathed shopping!

BobtheWoodmouse Thu 01-Oct-09 22:25:08

Over 2-3 hours, I got 3 items but I didn't dare trying to add more than one each time to my basket - I just sucked up the P&P each time. I was cheeky enough to try out some of the discount codes, none worked surprise, surprise.

If the website had worked properly I might have bought a lot more - at one point the site was shut with a notice that they were having technical difficulties.

It's as though they were taken by surprise by unexpected demand - it's only been advertised and spread over journals and papers the last few weeks...hmm

Let's hope it's nice stuff when it arrives - and fingers crossed the sizing is generous - I wavered and went for the smaller one, it'll probably all go back, ah well.

Hope you manage to get something monkeysmama - or have you given up?

redhotredhead Thu 01-Oct-09 22:45:13

I saw a lovely trench coat in last week's grazia mag that I think was from the +J range - it looked like it had a funnel neck but can't find it on the website - anyone know the one I mean? Can't find the mag now to check and they've taken last week's issue off the shelves.

BobtheWoodmouse Fri 02-Oct-09 01:03:55

Just had a look now - the site is quiet at the moment - can't find a funnel neck trench in the +J range though - there's a funnel-necked down jacket hmm. Or could it be this one from their usual range?

KristinaM Fri 02-Oct-09 01:18:39

or this one in the J+ range?

BobtheWoodmouse Fri 02-Oct-09 01:31:55

Kristina - yes, I think you're right - looks like the one. Did you buy anything?

KristinaM Fri 02-Oct-09 06:24:13

yes i confess i have ordered several items -
wool skirt & trousers,jacket, coat and jeans

i bet tapered trousers are lovely but not on my (top heavy) figure

shirts are fab too but wont fit over the norks [sigh]

grey/black knitwear too like school uniform for me grin

suspect the coat will go back as i bought a winter coat last year, so cant justify another IYSWIM

the jacket i really wanted was sold out except in extra small sad

not sure how their sizes go - i would buy a high street 10 but according to their charts i would be at the top end of their medium. so will just have to see....

worryingly, the site took my order and money but i have no confirmation email yet hmm

might be the Office Mol boots fiasco all over again grin

are you planning to buy that coat bob? the purple one looked lovely but sadly i have no place in my life for a thin raincoat, living in the frozen north

BobtheWoodmouse Fri 02-Oct-09 08:33:49

frozen north-west UK heregrin

oh dear, I am v worried about the sizing now although zero norkage might help. I have ordered olive d-breasted wool coat, black wool trench coat and black peacoat all in small, bet they will have to go back sad

I am very happy with black/grey knitwear - my school uniform was navy so no bad associations for me grin I have already have a few basics and cashmere from their usual range quite recently so couldn't justify the +J knitwear this time.

I wanted the flannel skirt but it has disappeared from the site - I see that the things I ordered are still available <<questions my taste>>

I have had email confirmation - straight away - but my friend is the same as you - the order looks as though it has gone through but no email to confirm. Fingers crossed for you.

BobtheWoodmouse Fri 02-Oct-09 13:33:56

They've added new items today - tunics, dresses etc.

KristinaM Fri 02-Oct-09 14:56:18

oh the olive coat is nice. i see they have added an olive wool single breasted jacket today, but too high neck for my norks

olive is such a versatile colour and always looks v tasteful/expensive

i phoned my bank and the payment is pending, so that sounds hopeful

part of me is embarassed to be taking clothes so seriously blush

KristinaM Fri 02-Oct-09 15:00:00

temptation

BobtheWoodmouse Fri 02-Oct-09 15:10:28

Tis a very serious matter grin

I love that jacket but I think my neck is too short to take the collar.

I have high hopes of the olive colour - I have worn nothing but black for about 15 years and am sick of it. I am starting slowly though - greys and browns - non-colours really. I even tried to buy the purple trench but they had sold out.

KristinaM Fri 02-Oct-09 18:31:22

the olive will be fab with your grey/brown/black

hope it fits smile

BobtheWoodmouse Mon 05-Oct-09 13:21:30

Kristina - They came today, they fit (although I mustn't eat any more donuts) and I am very happy. grin

Any luck with your order?

fishie Mon 05-Oct-09 13:31:47

the coats are nice but the rest of it looks very unflattering to the non-stick. why such high necks?

KristinaM Mon 05-Oct-09 14:02:04

thanks for asking bob

not a thing, not even an email, apparently payment is still pending at the bank

not very hopeful

glad yours fit smile

BobtheWoodmouse Mon 05-Oct-09 16:05:29

LOL, fishie, I'm not a stick (more a sturdy stump) but nork-less so the higher necks work up to a point then my short neck causes problems grin

I will keep my fingers crossed for you Kristina

fishie Mon 05-Oct-09 20:36:55

re sizing, i think it is generous. am a medium in uniqlo and wear 12-16 in other clothes. i have pants from there which are vast.

if i get a chance will pop in tomorrow, what is it you are longing for?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now