Talk

Advanced search

Dress suitable for a guest at a Hindu wedding

(8 Posts)
Ladyface Wed 30-Sep-09 22:38:12

Can anyone help please? My budget is £100.

AngelinaJolly Wed 30-Sep-09 23:58:32

I went to a Hindu wedding and all the traditionally dressed ladies wore brightly coloured silk saris. So I would look for something like a western style dress, in a bright colour or in silk or with some gold motif/ embroidery.
The kind of thing I imagine Monsoon to have lots of...?

Amandoh Thu 01-Oct-09 00:41:47

Monsoon had a gorgeous pink dress that would have been ideal but it's no longer on their website. Had a quick look on Ebay and found two for sale so see what you think...

Size 10.

Size 18.

If you do like that dress then it might be worth ringing around and seeing if any of your local Monsoon stores still have one in stock.

If your arms are good then this dress is a gorgeous colour.

Amandoh Thu 01-Oct-09 00:42:43

Oops! Ignore last link. It blows the budget.

Ladyface Thu 01-Oct-09 08:14:43

That purple dress is gorgeous!

Jagsy Thu 01-Oct-09 09:03:16

Hi Ladyface! I am hindu and would say, wear what you feel comfortable in, the only real no-no is wearing black. As posted above, anything colourful will fit right in as you will be bombarded with bright colours. Enjoy

Jagsy Thu 01-Oct-09 09:05:12

You could get plenty of indian outfits in your budget, however you probably wouldn,t use it again after so better to invest in a dress you can wear again. East tend to have ethnic type print dresses and jewellery too.

MissWooWoo Thu 01-Oct-09 09:41:21

I went to a Hindu wedding a few years back and wore a short sleeved day dress from Whistles - it was in a brown silky material and had a few small brightly coloured embelishments. Not too tight, not too short and not too much cleavage - pretty much a rule of thumb for any wedding I'd say? It definately cost less than £100 but not sure what mark up would be today for something equivalent. Must be a few summer sale dresses still knocking around though?

good luck and have a wonderful time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now