Talk

Advanced search

Link Charm bracelett. We nned to buy our friend an expensive, dolphin charm. where do we find one, please ?

(18 Posts)
Oblomov Wed 30-Sep-09 16:48:23

So our close friend has a newish link charm bracelett. And she likes dolphins and whales. And she said that she wasn't keen on the dolphin charm from the link website. So I looked at the link one and I could understand. So I had a look on e-bay and the were all really nasty. And really cheap , like £3.99 or £15. We were thinking more like £50 to £100 between us all.
So I am looking for a really nice one. Beautiful. Classy. Maybe solid silver.
And I expecting too much ?

GirlsAreLOud Wed 30-Sep-09 16:49:59

What are those ones called, Pandora wotsits? will they do?

MadameOvary Wed 30-Sep-09 16:52:03

If you are spending that much it might be worth asking a jeweller to make one? Not sure of cost but worth a try and you could design it yourself.

Oblomov Wed 30-Sep-09 17:48:37

ovary, errrr, jewelery designer, in fact any sort of artistic ability, lacking here. any other suggestions ? wink

glamourpuss Wed 30-Sep-09 17:51:20

Do you have a Tiffany near you? They do sell beautiful silver charms. I don't know if you can buy online, maybe you could check.

IsThisNameTaken Wed 30-Sep-09 17:53:05

Links of London do one here

IsThisNameTaken Wed 30-Sep-09 17:53:48

Ah, sorry - just reread your post - ignore me!

MadameOvary Wed 30-Sep-09 17:57:37

Oblomov, that needn't be a problem. Just google dolphin images and job done!

MadameOvary Wed 30-Sep-09 18:01:10

I'm guessing you don't want a pink one with diamante for eyes wink and more a plain fairly accurate representation, like this?

Oblomov Wed 30-Sep-09 18:04:26

ovary, yes, exactly. nice.
thank you to girlsaloud and glamour, I will check out those suggestions.

OscarByTheSea Wed 30-Sep-09 18:55:00

Oblomov,
Sorry but ...
<shameless plug alert>
I'm an artist working in silver (among other things) & take commissions smile. There are some photos of a set of pendants (in "photos" on my profile) that I made which are currently showing at a local gallery/showroom. Just an example but I can make just about anything.

I don't mind if you're not interested, just thought I'd let you know & hope you don't think I'm too cheeky.

OscarByTheSea Wed 30-Sep-09 18:56:58

Oops! Sorry, they are actually rings in the picture (distracted by my son at the mo)

Oblomov Fri 02-Oct-09 07:45:23

Thank you Oscar. I will take a look.

CakeBuddy Fri 02-Oct-09 07:55:15

Have you tried Thomas Sabo?

www.thomassabo.com - click on Charm Club'

They range enormously in price depending on how simple or sparkly the charm, but have all sorts of designs including animals. Hope that helps!

shopalot Fri 02-Oct-09 09:44:39

I have a beautiful killer whale silver charm from seaworld in Florida. Not much help though!!!! Unless someone is off to Florida soon!!

moonshine Fri 02-Oct-09 10:03:46

an I second Thomas Sabo - they have lots of gorgeous charms and my 3 on a necklace are always much admired.

here is a dolphin but they have lots of other more expensive charms, if that's what you want!

angrypixie Fri 02-Oct-09 10:47:54

not too tacky

lucky1979 Fri 02-Oct-09 12:26:53

Another recommendation for Thomas Sabo - they're just as nice as the Links ones IMO. I had a problem wth my Links one in that I had to take the whole bracelet in for them to solder a new charm on everytime, which made it impractical for other people to buy me charms, while the Thomas Sabo ones come with clips.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now