Talk

Advanced search

OK following on from the other thread, how much do you spend on clothes every month?

(97 Posts)
Jajas Tue 29-Sep-09 21:28:04

Please make me feel better and tell me that you spend more than me?

I can't tell you how bad I've been just yet blush

differentID Tue 29-Sep-09 21:30:21

Very little. I spend maybe £250 a year. but I wear uniform for work and spend most of my time in the house in trackie bottoms/ pyjamas.

smackapacka Tue 29-Sep-09 21:30:55

Unlikely. I don't really buy clothes... 2 pregancies close together have meant my wardrobe covers MANY sizes of pre and post birth and everything in between. I get hand-me-downs from friends, and I do buy second hand clothes too.

Sorry - no help at all (and also slighly depressing reading!)

AnyFucker Tue 29-Sep-09 21:31:40

erm, about 100 quid a month

giddykipper Tue 29-Sep-09 21:32:16

Not much, probably average £20 per month. I used to have loads of disposable income though and probably averaged over £100 per month, hence I now still have a wardrobe full of wearable clothes!

overmydeadbody Tue 29-Sep-09 21:33:36

per month? I don't buy clothes every month

Maybe £50 per year?

cheesesarnie Tue 29-Sep-09 21:35:04

on just me or dc as well.

just me-about £60 maximum a year.
if i do buy clothes they are second hand but mostly i get my sisters(younger,trendier,no dc) cast offs-im in fashion a year after everyone else!grin

most of my clothes are atleast 6 years old some older.

would love just once to splash the cash on clothes and shoes!

differentID Tue 29-Sep-09 21:35:15

and that £250 includes 3/4 pairs fo work shoes which get wrecked.

mwff Tue 29-Sep-09 21:37:31

prolly splurge £250 3-4 times a year, and make maybe £200 twice a year selling it all back on ebay.

mwff Tue 29-Sep-09 21:38:51

3 times a year more likely actually.

mwff Tue 29-Sep-09 21:39:10

(re splurging )

diedandgonetodevon Tue 29-Sep-09 21:41:01

Too much blush. Not telling until someone else 'fesses up to spending as much/more!

Alibabaandthe40nappies Tue 29-Sep-09 21:44:40

It probably averages out about £150 a month for just me.

Meglet Tue 29-Sep-09 21:46:53

About £10 a month. Nearly all in the sales, usually Primark sale hmm.

I get topshop vouchers for xmas (usually about £50 worth) and stock up on nice stuff in the after xmas sale.

Jajas Tue 29-Sep-09 21:52:05

Oh come on everyone, where are the big spenders who are always on Style and Beauty shock. I really do feel bad now apart from a couple of posters.

Meglet Tue 29-Sep-09 21:52:47

About £10 a month. Nearly all in the sales, usually Primark sale hmm.

I get topshop vouchers for xmas (usually about £50 worth) and stock up on nice stuff in the after xmas sale.

mwff Tue 29-Sep-09 21:53:22

yeah well jajas you haven't spilled the beans yet [folds arms, taps foot]

MoonlightMcKenzie Tue 29-Sep-09 21:53:34

Erm, - no idea. Not much though, certainly not enough to consider a 'monthly' impact. It is more a case of realising that there are just too many holes in my two jumpers for them to keep me warm any longer and so try to replace them. I'll then spend several months picking up a replacement in a shop, taking it to the till, to discover a long queue, put it on the nearest shelf and leave the shop.

I'll return a couple of months later to be annoyed that the jumper I had chosen is no longer in season so I have to waste time looking around again, so will usually give up in a huff. Several months later, I'll eventually find a shop that I can get my double buggy in easily, has efficent staff and no customers and buy whatever jumper they sell the cheapest.

mwff Tue 29-Sep-09 21:56:15

to be fair i've just plucked a figure out of the air that feels about right, no way am i sitting down to actually add it all up :P i spend until my spending money is gone, then i sell until i have more spending money, plus accumulations from birthdays etc. and the cycle starts again

Fleecy Tue 29-Sep-09 21:57:14

About £100 a month, same as AnyFucker.

I thought that was quite a lot - do tell Jajas and DiedandgonetoDevon...

eshermummy Tue 29-Sep-09 22:05:49

A lot but it would be in bad taste to give a figure.
Why don't you tell us (better still show us) what you've bought, much more fun than talking about money.

lupo Tue 29-Sep-09 22:09:17

about £60 a month..sometimes more sometimes less

Quattrocento Tue 29-Sep-09 22:11:55

I don't know - never worked it out. Probably around 3k a year though. Not enough to compete with a big spender.

Bleh Tue 29-Sep-09 22:13:50

More than most of the posters on here, most probably a lot less than LTEC and Choogirl

Ronaldinhio Tue 29-Sep-09 22:17:57

i spend a lot of money of clothes, keep swearing I'll stop and then "compromise" by buying fewer but much nicer things....same bloody spend though.
I love clothes, make up, products, decoration, order, aethetics... arrgghhhhh

Grubby sordid mare that i am

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now