Talk

Advanced search

DM warning alert

(6 Posts)
Bleh Tue 29-Sep-09 16:21:08

What a nasty article about Kate Middleton's mother.

"Does her decision to wear a frock that looks as though it was designed for the new series of Strictly Come Dancing equal the faux pas of uttering 'Pleased to meet you' when she was introduced to Her Majesty?"

"If you were to criticise Carole Middleton strictly in terms of style, you could, I suppose, argue that her super-shiny dress is the rather unfortunate shade of farmed salmon, and that it could most certainly have been underpinned with a more flattering bra."

Why can't women just be nicer about each other?

happilyeverafter Tue 29-Sep-09 17:01:06

I saw a previous article and thought both Kate and Carole both looked stunning.

Both dresses suit their shapes/colouring and neither is particularly daring.

Kate is from a 'normal' background (if you class middle class millionaires as normal) and journos who critcise her and her family will be slating the royals for being stuff and out of touch in their next article.

I hate bitchy pointless articles like this.

Wow she has an amazing figure and skin, does Carole.

Actually I don't find this article too bad, it's quite balanced, she points out that Carole does have a lovely figure and debates the situation a well shaped 50 something may find herself in; show herself orf and risk mutton dressed as lamb or stay in beige. Carole took the risk. grin

Though I do think there is something just not quite right with the style of dress she chose, it just doesn't seem to sit on her terribly well....

RubysReturn Tue 29-Sep-09 17:24:49

I thougth she looked good, but the dress was a wee bit muttony.

TheBalladofGayTony Tue 29-Sep-09 17:28:32

ffs just cos the 'heir to the throne' fucks her daughter she is meant to suddenly look like the queen mum.

RubysReturn Tue 29-Sep-09 17:29:35

I think the dress would be muttonly on any 50 something

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now