Talk

Advanced search

Need dark red evening dress...

(13 Posts)
starkadder Mon 28-Sep-09 20:36:31

..dark rose red colour - to be a bridesmaid in. There's 2 of us and we both live outside the UK so buying online best (as long as it can be shipped overseas).

I am crappy shopper, barely having progressed beyond TopShop so need serious help...!

Any ideas of where I can look??

Thanks

FabBakerGirlIsBack Mon 28-Sep-09 20:38:17

I was just hanging up a gorgeous deep red dress that doesn't fit and never did tbh. Size 10 by any chance? grin

What is your budget? M&S or designer?

monkeysavingexpertdotcom Mon 28-Sep-09 20:42:57

lots here

starkadder Mon 28-Sep-09 20:43:34

grin I'd squeeze into a 10 but am really a 12. Well, 12 in TopShop but 10 in Monsoon, if you know what I mean. Don't know the size of the other bridesmaid though, never having met her, and she's supposed to have one the same, I think, so I probably can't have yours. Although I bet it's lovely.

Budget - dunno, about 100quid? Give or take a bit?

FabBakerGirlIsBack Mon 28-Sep-09 20:46:01

Spooky. My dress is from Monsoon!

Do you want it for you anyway??grin

cookielove Mon 28-Sep-09 20:50:17

like this

or this

cute

nice

lovely

wonderful

monkeysavingexpertdotcom Mon 28-Sep-09 20:52:06

like the colour but not really bridesmaidy

starkadder Mon 28-Sep-09 20:54:18

oooh thanks! These are lovely...Debenhams doesn't deliver outside the UK though. But maybe we can get them delivered to the UK...wedding is after Xmas and I'm back for Xmas. Is cutting it fine tho.

Am liking the short Karen Millen ones too...

FabBaker - grin of course I want it just for me! But probably 2 dark red evening dresses is 2 too many for someone who only goes to an evening dress type event about once a year

FabBakerGirlIsBack Mon 28-Sep-09 20:56:04

grin

monkeysavingexpertdotcom Mon 28-Sep-09 20:56:09

bit bright?

monkeysavingexpertdotcom Mon 28-Sep-09 20:59:42

depends where you live!

Ronaldinhio Mon 28-Sep-09 21:02:38

beaded and maybe the wrong colour?

not good if you're booby

for the very young and leggy?

starkadder Mon 28-Sep-09 21:08:31

Thanks Monkey I live in Europe and the other one lives in Asia...J Crew is US only, right??

Ronaldinhio - those are all lovely but...too pink, I AM too big of boob and am also far too old and haggard ;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now