Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Thinking of buying some lilac dc marteens for my dd (5)..Is it appropriate ?

(14 Posts)
Summerfruit Mon 28-Sep-09 16:38:10

She goes to a non uniform school so we are pretty much free to dress as we want but would you ??

PortBlacksandResident Mon 28-Sep-09 16:40:55

I would love to buy some for my DSs (i am an addict and have 4 pairs) - but their feet ar growing so quickly at the mo it would be a waste of money. This would be my only worry - otherwise, go for it - it will set her in good stead for future sartorial class grin

hippipotamiHasLost67lbs Mon 28-Sep-09 16:41:59

Absolutely, yes! Dd (now 6) has had a variety of DM's throughout her life, most fondly remembered (by me) are a metallic purple pair and a red patent pair that she wore to nursery. They were fab, they were boots with velcro so no worry about laces. She also started reception in DM mary janes.
I love DM boots, they are solid. My only concern if she were to wear them to school is the laces.

Summerfruit Mon 28-Sep-09 16:42:40

I want to get some too, I always had some when I was a teen...not surea cm with dcm will be be cool !

monkeysavingexpertdotcom Mon 28-Sep-09 16:45:02

Yes - DD1 (9) has had a pair every year since she was 4. Mainly dark pink/purple. I also still have some. They're not great for slim feet though. Dd2 will get some for the winter - she's 5 and can't wait. They just look cool on girls, especially with dresses or skirts.

Summerfruit Mon 28-Sep-09 16:49:11

Alright ladies, you have convinced me, I have found some at 35 quids ! Not bad me think ! smile

hippipotamiHasLost67lbs Mon 28-Sep-09 16:50:36

Dd looked at her funkiest one year when she wore mad stripy tights, metallic dark purple DM boots and a denim skirt - she loved that outfit (and so did I) and wore it at every opportunity. Every now and then the denim skirt was substituted for a ballet tutu which made the overall effect even funkier (well, she was only 4!)
But now she has shot up in height and her feet are very very thin so sadly DM's don't fit her any more sad

GrapefruitMoon Mon 28-Sep-09 16:59:53

My dd had flowery ones when she was a little - they were a gift when she was born from a friend who knew me in my own DM days - took her a few years to be old enough to wear them. I think they are one of the things I've kept from her baby days...

flier Mon 28-Sep-09 17:02:20

sound good to me. I'd love to get my dd a pair - summerfruit could you tell me where you have seen the ones at £35 please?

Summerfruit Mon 28-Sep-09 17:04:45

I have found them in asos !

flier Mon 28-Sep-09 17:26:39

ooh thankyou!

ashbrook Mon 28-Sep-09 17:30:53

Fab Fab Fab- love them..
Was never cool enough to wear them myself but things are different now ;-)

paddingtonbear1 Mon 28-Sep-09 23:08:08

apparently dr martens are no longer making childrens footwear, as of this August. sob!
I used to love mine when I was a student.

aarghhelp Tue 29-Sep-09 01:36:15

Do you think the pale blue ones would be appropriate for a DS (currently size 5.5 G-H?)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now