Talk

Advanced search

Right I am about to add a photo. You NEED to tell me what to do with my hair.

(35 Posts)
ThePhantomPlopper Mon 28-Sep-09 11:21:10

Bear with me whilst I find a decent photo.

Be nice, I am hormonal.

Am thinking a change of colour, can't decide between darker or lighter and I need it chopped into a style. I've left it to grow for a while and it's DULL.

Right a photo will be up soon.

Rubyrubyruby Mon 28-Sep-09 11:22:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pagwatch Mon 28-Sep-09 11:23:24

<<whistles to self>>

PandaEis Mon 28-Sep-09 11:23:44

oooh i love this!! <<impatiently waits for the photowink>>

ThePhantomPlopper Mon 28-Sep-09 11:30:07

Oh I'm going to regret this.

2 minutes and it'll be up. I'm sorry it's posed, don't judge me.

wuglet Mon 28-Sep-09 11:37:14

it's been more then 2 min.....

ThePhantomPlopper Mon 28-Sep-09 11:37:25

Should be up.

It's a very manly photo, but I only have 5 pictures on this laptop and this is the only you can kind of see my face shape in.

I think I want a fringe, but my nose isn't my best feature and I don't want to frame it IYSWIM.

ThePhantomPlopper Mon 28-Sep-09 11:37:53

Oh FFS, why won't it go up.

Be back in a second.

pagwatch Mon 28-Sep-09 11:39:10

you great melon - you do not look like a man at all! You are very very pretty.

Do the MN cut. I just did DDs and very tempted to try it on me...

TheBalladofGayTony Mon 28-Sep-09 11:39:24

that picture would be great if you were looking for advice on pjs can hardly see your hair.

TheBalladofGayTony Mon 28-Sep-09 11:41:13

cut it up to shoulders, not sure about colour, highlights might look nice but highlights seem to have become the boden of hair - everyone does them but no one will admitt to liking them.

tulpe Mon 28-Sep-09 11:41:21

You don't look like a man!

Like me, it looks like you have a high forehead. A choppy fringe and long layers will frame the face nicely and soften your features (it's the style I have but no way will I post a pic of me on MN )

pagwatch Mon 28-Sep-09 11:41:39

grin

or wine glasses....

ThePhantomPlopper Mon 28-Sep-09 11:42:06

Oh it did work

That is the best picture I have, the rest all have the new kitten on my head, sucking my hair.

ThePhantomPlopper Mon 28-Sep-09 11:42:42

Yes forehead is huge.

Sleeves Mon 28-Sep-09 11:44:10

Ok, I'm new on here, where's the photo?

tulpe Mon 28-Sep-09 11:44:53

BOGT, IKWYM about the highlights being Boden of hair. I always loved my highlighted blonde hair but when I moved to a more swish part of town, I saw the exact cut & colour everywhere. I returned to my dark roots for a while but the highlights are slowly coming back.

Highlights are good for adding the illusion of texture to the hair if your hair is very fine. If you wanted to go dark, you could just have a few lighter strands put through the front to break the colour up.

HecatesTwopenceworth Mon 28-Sep-09 11:45:36

You're very pretty. You don't look like a bloke at all!

I would say that your hair is very fine / flat. It might look better with a bit of body? Perhaps some layers in? Couple of inches off the bottom.

Bit of a thicker fringe, or swept over a bit would help with the forehead.

ThePhantomPlopper Mon 28-Sep-09 11:46:09

I have an appointment at a new hairdressers on Saturday, so will not be attempting the MN cut before that, I've never been very good with scissors!

ThePhantomPlopper Mon 28-Sep-09 11:48:16

Thanks all.

Yes it's very fine, tend to wear it up all the time ATM, it just hangs there when it's down.

PandaEis Mon 28-Sep-09 11:54:58

i would say go for a choppy just on shoulder-length bob in a dark chocolate brown with caramel coloured fine highlights through the topsmile with the fact that your hair is fine and it looks quite straight you could carry off a choppy layered style and it would be very easy to care for and keep upsmile a long length fringe would also frame the face and you would suit it aswell i will try and find apic for yousmile

PandaEis Mon 28-Sep-09 11:55:05

i would say go for a choppy just on shoulder-length bob in a dark chocolate brown with caramel coloured fine highlights through the topsmile with the fact that your hair is fine and it looks quite straight you could carry off a choppy layered style and it would be very easy to care for and keep upsmile a long length fringe would also frame the face and you would suit it aswell i will try and find apic for yousmile

Sleeves Mon 28-Sep-09 11:55:31

I suggest a few layers and highlights. Fine hair needs texture imo.
Why do you say you look like a man?

CNyle Mon 28-Sep-09 11:55:51

polopper are oyu PISSED in that pic

Sleeves Mon 28-Sep-09 11:57:18

www.mediumhairstyles.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/medium-layered-shag-hair-style.jpg

Here is a nice style

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now