Talk

Advanced search

London hairdresser to sort out knackered barnet

(6 Posts)
dorisbonkers Mon 28-Sep-09 08:56:25

I realise I'm asking the earth here, but I've been living abroad and my old Japanese hairdresser has left the country.

I despair at my post-natal hair. I have grey roots, reddish brown after that, then blacker ends. I had my celtic, fine but curly hair chemically straightened about a year ago which means I have several textures going on.

I have the new growth after the post-natal hair fallout which makes me look like a sad lion in the zoo.

Oh, and I ill-advisedly had a fringe cut after I gave birth and that needs to grow out.

Anyone have someone who might be good to sort this out? Money no object within the bounds of normal, but I want someone who will listen, who is good with 'mad' hair and understands the post-natal hair shitstorm.

Thanks in advance, I don't have many friends in real life, having been away.

purplepeony Mon 28-Sep-09 09:20:14

Fernando at Glass Hair salon, Clerkenwell. Next to Barbican tube.

(google for website)

Listens, loves hair, very unpretentious. Cost about £60.

dorisbonkers Mon 28-Sep-09 09:57:07

Thank you purplepeony. I'll give them a ring and let you know how I get on.

purplepeony Mon 28-Sep-09 10:25:16

They are closed Mondays BTW. If Fernando can't do it, Renee is good too.

angelene Mon 28-Sep-09 10:32:10

Dan Pierpoint at Pierpoint in Archer Street, Piccadilly.

He listens to what you want and he understands, he's brilliant at blow drying as well so it's a proper experience.

dorisbonkers Thu 08-Oct-09 17:32:58

Just wanted to say thanks to purplepeony for the recommendation. Fernando does indeed know his hairy onions. I've got my natural curly hair back. Really good cut and not exorbitant. Cheers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now