Talk

Advanced search

where can I get a good blow dry in downtown montreal?

(4 Posts)
blissieblue Sun 27-Sep-09 22:05:49

got a wedding in a couple of weeks - not a clue where to book. Not sure if i would trust hotel recommendations (holiday inn) Don't even know if my own (UK) hairdryer and straighteners will even work (suspect not). Any pearls of wisdom out there?

JeMeSouviens Sun 27-Sep-09 22:27:12

If you have GHD straighteners they will work. Your hairdryer probably will, but it will be on reduced power, unless you have a travel one that you can switch the voltage on.

I don't know anyone in the centre-ville, but my hairdresser on St Laurent (a metro stop and a walk) is very good.

Etienne - Funky Toque is a good cutter, if the location is ok, you could call and ask them to recommend someone there for a blow dry or if the location is doesn't suit, they may be able to recommend someone closer to where you need.

Enjoy the trip and the wedding. It's fairly miserable weather right now, a bit rainy and crisp in the mornings, but still getting quite warm in the day. Making it all very difficult to dress!

JeMeSouviens Sun 27-Sep-09 22:51:01

I've put feelers out to my local friends, to see if they know anyone else too, I'll let you know.

JeMeSouviens Mon 28-Sep-09 16:14:57

here is another

mods, cnr greene and st catherine It is easily accessible from the Atwater metro, a short walk from there, or a short taxi drive from downtown.

No one knew anyone right downtown, but if your Holiday Inn is the one I'm thinking of, it's not far from St Laurent, so wouldn't cost much in the way of a taxi to hair salon and back to hotel.

I hope you find somewhere.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now