Talk

Advanced search

Converse for DD - any top tips?

(13 Posts)
bradsmissus Sun 27-Sep-09 19:28:05

DD wants converse for her birthday. We live in a shopping dead zone.

Where is the best/cheapest place to buy online and what is the sizing like? Should I just get her normal shoe size?

Sorry - feel dim for asking but have never set eyes on a pair in my life. (Bullied for wearing court shoes to school emoticon!)

BonsoirAnna Sun 27-Sep-09 19:29:22

How old is she?

IME they are a real PITA for children - they take ages to take on and off and lace up and they offer really crap support to their feet.

cookielove Sun 27-Sep-09 19:31:27

what colours does she like, office sell them on line

like this

or this

or low tops like this

mmrsceptic Sun 27-Sep-09 19:34:11

Hitops are great but as anna says -- a complete nightmare for getting on and off. Regulars much better.

Also they do these coloured laces so they can ring the changes and you don't need to be continually updating.

cookielove Sun 27-Sep-09 19:34:12

i have these

bradsmissus Sun 27-Sep-09 19:35:12

She'll be 11 in a few weeks.

Thanks Anna - I have wondered about the PITAness of them but am willing to overlook this as she is soooo desperate for them! (plus she will be lacing/unlacing herself)

Thanks cookielove - I think she would love those pink ones in the first link. She has said any colour but yellow.

bradsmissus Sun 27-Sep-09 19:36:10

They are really nice cookie.

(Ponders whether to sod DD and buy some for self!!!)

mmrsceptic Sun 27-Sep-09 19:37:53

grin you must -- you will never look back

cookielove Sun 27-Sep-09 19:47:43

oh you should mine are so comfy

susiey Sun 27-Sep-09 20:11:38

I found my dd who is quite narrow of foot needed a size up from her normal size and so do I when i buy them

I get mine from office online and they have some nice designs

happilyeverafter Sun 27-Sep-09 20:13:41

Myself and DD always have them. DD had them from her 2nd birthday (hitops) and they got so much wear we replace them every time she grows out of them (on 4th pair)

We take them off in the house, wellies for garden, the kids ones are such a faff as they are smaller but mine take longer!

I got DD last pair from Asos.

deaddei Sun 27-Sep-09 20:30:46

There is a good website called rubber sole (free delivery)
In fact I just bought my first pair at the age of 49 today- grey ones. My dh thinks I'm mad or having an affair with a much younger man.

bradsmissus Sun 27-Sep-09 20:58:17

Thanks all! Will investigate all recommendations and have told DH I want some for Christmas. deaddei, I think he thought I was a bit bonkers too!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now