Talk

Advanced search

Any fool proof ways to stop nails breaking?

(6 Posts)
geordieminx Sun 27-Sep-09 19:12:30

Ok, so after 4 months of carefully cultivating my nails they are looking pretty darn perfect (keeping them shortish, all the same length, strengthening nail varnish).

I'm getting married on Saturday and would love them to be all the same length and lovely, but I just know that one (or more) is going to snap this week sad

Any tips? - Other than wearing boxing gloves?

UnrequitedSkink Sun 27-Sep-09 19:14:35

Wish you'd posted a couple of months ago, if you eat a cube of jelly a day the gelatin does wonders for strengthening nails - mine never break. How about going to nail salon and having those gel things fixed to them so they stay perfect?

UnrequitedSkink Sun 27-Sep-09 19:16:03

Congrats by the way - am sure you will look gorgeous even if one nail is slightly shorter than the rest!!

(Of course, the other alternative is to cut them all short and just have nice neat ovals, which looks much more elegant and groomed - IMO)

geordieminx Sun 27-Sep-09 19:20:07

They are oval (hate square-ends). Really dont want to go for overlays as they destroyed nails the last time.

Hopefully they'll be ok - if not will either have to cut them short or go for emergency stick-ons grin

gillianfw Sun 27-Sep-09 21:44:22

You could try either Calgel or Bio sculpture
which are both soft,gentle protecting gels that are put on like a varnish,cured in a uv light but can be easily removed with no damage to the natural nail.

herethereandeverywhere Tue 29-Sep-09 08:02:02

nailtiques 2plus painted one coat on top of the other. I had nails like paper but it worked for me in the wedding lead up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now