Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What colour shoes with purple coat?

(14 Posts)
pleasechange Sun 27-Sep-09 19:05:58

So I really want a purple coat, and saw a fab one today in John Lewis. Thing is, I'm not sure what colour of shoes/boots would go, other than purple, and I really can't justify the price of a new pair of boots on top of the coat! Any ideas?

CybilLiberty Sun 27-Sep-09 19:23:10

I would say any pair..they will be far enough away from the coat so it doesn't matter. Better to make sure shoes go with what you are wearing UNDER coat

colditz Sun 27-Sep-09 19:23:53

Black

pleasechange Sun 27-Sep-09 21:26:46

sorry was away for a bit - thanks both, that makes it easier!

tulpe Sun 27-Sep-09 23:20:20

I have a purple/magenta coat and wear whatever colour I like with it

Having a lovely colourful coat gives you a real boost in the middle of a crappy UK winter . More important than whether your shoes match

micku5 Sun 27-Sep-09 23:26:28

allnew.. do you have a pic of the coat? I am looking for a new winter coat and I LOVE purple!

pleasechange Mon 28-Sep-09 08:37:12

micku5 - I can't find it on their website for some reason. It's a military style one -double breasted with belt, really nice

tulpe - you're edging me towards buying it! Where did you get your's?

tulpe Mon 28-Sep-09 09:11:46

Got mine from Paul Smith two winters ago. It's double breasted, fitted on the top half and a-line below the waist. Turn back cuffs and collarless. It is gorgeous and can't wait for the weather to be cold enough to wear it again

I was concerned that I would feel over-dressed or self-conscious in it. The reality is that I can throw it on over the most dreary outfit and feel instantly "done" . If I am wearing it for a smart event I'll wear a fine knit pashmina with it, otherwise dress it down with bright woolly scarf for daytime.

Last winter I bought a grey peacoat as an alternative. I felt so dull whenever I wore it. Everyone seems to wear black or grey because it is practical. I couldn't agree less.

Do it

pleasechange Mon 28-Sep-09 11:18:30

sounds really nice - I know what you mean, a good coat looks great instantly, one definite bonus of the winter at least

micku5 Mon 28-Sep-09 16:06:30

Thanks for trying... If I can't get the coat I've seen some great purple bags in TK Maxx. Just need to go without the dd's so that I can indulge properly lol

pleasechange Mon 28-Sep-09 19:56:48

micku - I had another look and found it grin

here

Am really tempted but I have bought so much recently.........

micku5 Tue 29-Sep-09 19:41:51

Oooh I like it, will have to see if i can convince DH that I need an early xmas present.

bodeniites Tue 29-Sep-09 20:04:04

thats a lovely Purple like an Amethyst(sp) if it not going to drain you finacially id say go for it coats are great for making you feel good

pleasechange Tue 29-Sep-09 20:39:35

I think I will bodenites - I keep picturing myself in it (sad I know)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now