Talk

Advanced search

Can only afford one outfit for the children, would you pick this ?

(18 Posts)
MillyMollyMoo Sat 26-Sep-09 21:47:22

http://www.johnlewis.com/30611/Style.aspx

With boots and tights

It's for the day after a wedding lunch with family/Christmas bazzar (in November) and then Church in December.
My kids mainly live in clothes that have been rolled in grass/horse shit so I buy one trendy/smart thing per season, just wondering if this is the best we can do ?

HecatesTwopenceworth Sat 26-Sep-09 21:49:57

Don't really like it, tbh.

You could probably get two or three things just as good quality from ebay or a charity shop for the same price.

nancy75 Sat 26-Sep-09 21:51:29

how old is the child/children?

MillyMollyMoo Sat 26-Sep-09 21:53:37

Ah yes vital information aged 5 and 7, not really wanting charity shops or ebay on the basis that just about everything else they have comes from those, this is my twice a year treat.

MillyMollyMoo Sat 26-Sep-09 21:55:59

www.johnlewis.com/30611/Style.aspx

If anyone see a nicer alternative It needs to go with brown suede ankle boots and pink ankle boots as that's what they have and be warm as they don't ever want to wear a jacket or coat. And the older one looks awful in skirts and won't wear trousers.
TIA

jemart Sat 26-Sep-09 21:56:52

Not really very smart, quite casual really.
Have you had a look at vertbaudet? they have a sale on at the moment.

LedodgyDailyMailstinksofpoo Sat 26-Sep-09 21:57:11

I like it they could wear a long sleeve t shirt underneath it too.

Heated Sat 26-Sep-09 21:57:48

Is this it?

With the right accessories it could look very nice.

This is similar and this skirt is very cute.

nancy75 Sat 26-Sep-09 21:59:45

i like this one more, but is is a little more expensive.
www.johnlewis.com/29995/Style.aspx

nancy75 Sat 26-Sep-09 22:01:34

was going to suggest verbaudet, or zara had some quite nice grey dresses the other day, which you could put with lots of different coloured tights/tops to get more wear out of it.

onebatmother Sat 26-Sep-09 22:02:25

Hello

I think there are nicer things in JL - though not sure if they're all avail online.

If you are on a budget next have some reasonable things at the mo

Also mini-Boden are doing a 4 for the price of 3 promotion which brings them down considerably - but you have to make sure that the 4 things you get are more or less the same price, bcs they give you the cheapest one free.

But I would go for DAnish/Dutch brands on eBay (new) if I were you. Same kind of price.

bronze Sat 26-Sep-09 22:03:41

do they have to be dressed the same?

MillyMollyMoo Sat 26-Sep-09 22:08:30

Verbaudet seem about the same price and I didn't like the quality 8 years ago, although fully appreciate that may have changed. There's a grey knitted dress in JL but I worried that might be a bit bland ?
They don't have to wear the same.

Any brands y7ou'd recommend onebatmother ?

Thanks

Amandoh Sat 26-Sep-09 22:15:03

This jumper dress might not be smart enough for the post wedding do but it looks warm and would be fine with brown or pink boots so might be suitable for church.

This brown and pink dress looks warm and would go with either pair of boots.

Eyeballls Sat 26-Sep-09 22:17:02

I really like it. Would look lovely on DD...

ElectricElephant Sat 26-Sep-09 22:17:39

how about this?

minimode.co.uk/girls-skirts-dresses

nancy75 Sat 26-Sep-09 22:19:45

the grey dress in zara is more dressed up than a knitted dress, its got funny pleating on the front (i'm really selling it well}. my dd had one last year and she had a frilly collar shirt with it in white, a bright pink roll neck with matching tights and a blue top and tights combo of some kind. i found it quite versatile(sp?)

Clure Sat 26-Sep-09 22:44:50

I ordered the purple verbaudet one for my DD and it looks even nicer in real life. Also have this one which is also nicer than the pic

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now