Talk

Advanced search

topshop baxter skinnies

(14 Posts)
cheesebaby Sat 26-Sep-09 14:55:43

My first post here in style & beauty, so please be gentle!!

In a midlife crisis postnatal effort to get out of my boring wardrobe, and make the most of the good bits I have remaining (my legs) wink, I've been trying out some skinny jeans - topshop baxters look good, but the size that fits best on waist is really tight on leg - can anyone tell me if these are likely to shrink or give with washing and wearing? Will they go baggy on the knees?

I've never worn anything but bootcuts before - but really want to get the tucked-into-boot look down for winter <scared>

Thanks!

bishboschone Sat 26-Sep-09 14:57:20

I have these and they don't bag. Did you try the Marthas? more straight leg if you worriede

CNyle Sat 26-Sep-09 15:24:56

they are just REALLY tight
realy tight indeed

SausageRocket Sat 26-Sep-09 15:30:50

I don't like REALLY tight skinnies that make you feel like the circulation is being cut off at the back of your knees.

cheesebaby Sat 26-Sep-09 15:52:21

Hmmm, they're ok at the back of the knee, but they're tightest on the thigh, which means as soon as I move they pull down at the bum/waist and when I sit down they ruck a bit around the knee (I don't actually mind this - makes 'em look less sprayed on) - is this part and parcel of suffering for style, or is it all a big no-no?!

If they give a bit with wear I think they'll be fine, but if they shrink after washing I'l be in trouble!

All my experience with bootcuts is that they shrink in the length but tend to give in the width, but am not sure how skinnies work in this regard --- oh the confusion <thud>

traceybath Sat 26-Sep-09 18:03:45

Well in marthas i'm an 8 but had to get a 10 in baxters as they're definitely smaller.

They do shrink a little after washing but not much.

I'd give them a go if i were you.

Romanarama Sat 26-Sep-09 19:58:20

I have Baxters and they don't give at all during the day, so are actually a bit tiring on the legs. I also have some Zara skinnies which are much more comfy, though less beautiful. The Baxters look exactly the same as J Brand skinnies which are 175 quid at Trilogy.

Romanarama Sat 26-Sep-09 19:58:53

I'm an 8 usually, and bought 26/34 btw

LaDiDaDi Sat 26-Sep-09 20:03:06

I'm preg now but I had this problem with Baxters last year. No resolution I'm afraid.

MillyR Sat 26-Sep-09 20:38:25

I just got baxters tall today. I have them so that they fit perfectly on the leg but are absolutely huge in the waist. I got them in a size 14. I don't understand because I think that I am not that fat in the leg and very fat around the waist. I am intending to wear them with tunics and long tops so the ill fitting waist doesn't matter. I think that they seem comfortable.

cheesebaby Sat 26-Sep-09 21:41:42

Ahhh, thanks all. Have worn them with tags on all day, and finally tore them off, as I think they're fab! So I take it a little rucking around the knee is acceptable then?

Must say I'm loving them so far!!

cheesebaby Sun 27-Sep-09 10:28:57

Meant to say I bought the 28/32 size - am seriously considering trying the Marthas as well - can anyone tell me how much wider the leg is on the Marthas? Are they tuckable or would they have to be worn over footwear?

Cheers

bishboschone Sun 27-Sep-09 19:14:20

they are quite alot wider I would say. I have both . would think still tuckable in uggs not sure about knee high boots

Doyouthinktheysaurus Sun 27-Sep-09 19:21:56

I would say the marthas are too wide to tuck in normal boots.

I have tried and I look a pratgrin

Too much jean crumpled up around the top of the boots.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now