Talk

Advanced search

SAHM - what to wear?

(11 Posts)
nickytwotimes Fri 25-Sep-09 20:37:30

I am SAHM to one ds, aged 3 and ttc no.2.
I am a total slob, but am a bit sick of dressing like a tramp atm. My jeans are YEARS old and falling down/kneed to bits/ don't fit.
I have no money, by which I mean even supermarket clothes are a bit pricey.
I happily trail charity shops but rarely find anything as I am very tall. The odd top, but never trousers.

ANy suggestions?

I do realise I am asking for the impossible, but please! grin

Clure Fri 25-Sep-09 21:30:24

primark!
Leggings and a funky little dress/tunic ?

tulpe Fri 25-Sep-09 21:39:54

Yes. Primark is definitely a good option.

chattermouse Sat 26-Sep-09 09:44:10

Primark sounds like a definate first port of call for you. Try Asda Gorge rgularly too cos lots of sales on there all the time, year round. Somtims i pick up rally nice stuff, e.g. a £5 skirt or cardigan. I always get compliments in such items too!

tulpe Sat 26-Sep-09 11:33:19

Asda's straight leg & skinny jeans are fab. They do a few mid-rise styles too so no muffin toppage At £12 they are a very good value. I am wearing them today

bishboschone Sat 26-Sep-09 11:37:21

what size are you?

Amandoh Sat 26-Sep-09 13:10:52

If you're happy to wear second hand then Ebay could be a good starting point.

Long Tall Sally springs to mind or if it's a new pair of jeans you want then there's over a thousand for sale listed under long jeans.

Jewelsandgems Sat 26-Sep-09 14:24:00

nicky, I know you say you have no money but if you can get some decent jeans [early christmas present?] I would. Next jeans ar always good value for money, and last ages too.

Then you can add cheaper tunic tops/tops from charity tops. I have bought cheap jeans before and have always 9ended up dissapointed. Either they wash and twist, or they shrink, or after a few hours wear the kness bag etc etc...My all time favourtite jeans are topshop. They are not the most espensive I've ever bought (have owned a few pairs of Sevens) but they are the best, IMO.

For tops/dressed also check out Matalan. Very cheap, and surprisingly good quality too. And there is always places like Joe Browns (although I suspect maybe this is getting too pricey...)

nickytwotimes Sat 26-Sep-09 19:24:05

ooh, many thanks for the replies.
Sorry - I buggered off to bed early last night due to toddler-induced germs. hmm wink

Yes, Primark is handy. Our house is quite chilly, so I will need a few cardis to go over those tunics, but I like tunic-legging combos.

Had forgotten about Matalan, actually. We do have one locally.

Supermarkets are fine too, but I can never get trousers to fit. I am a 12, sometimes 14 and 6 ft. Most stuff I can afford is cut for normal people wink of 5'6 and even the longer length seems to be a bit longer on the leg, but not on that awkward bit between waist/hip and ahem, top of legs. I've never had much luck with LTS sadly. Expensive and falls apart. Maybe I've been unlucky.

Might give ebay a whirl. I am more than happy to wear second hand. Less guilt inducing than new stuff and thte chance of good quality gear.

Thaks guys!

nickytwotimes Sat 26-Sep-09 19:24:49

And yes, me and Dh get money for clothes from our families at Christmas. Wish I could have it now!

missmelly Sun 27-Sep-09 22:08:05

you can get Next jeans for about £25 in tall (I'm the same height/size as you). Also New Look and Dorothy Perkins both do a tall range for around £20 - £25.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now