Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to be annoyed at Joules?

(16 Posts)
bubble2bubble Fri 25-Sep-09 18:02:51

Have never ordered from them before, but got a catalogue with a 10% off plus free postage. Ordered a couple of things but managed to miss the box wher you were supposed to enter the code ( OK , duhh...) Immediately sent an email saying what I had doNE and could I please still have the disount and they said NO! Asked if they could cancel the order and they said no AGAIN

Rant over, really irritated

dexter73 Fri 25-Sep-09 18:09:56

That is really bad! You would have thought they would take the 10% off to please a new customer so that you would shop with them again. Guess that won't be happening now!

llareggub Fri 25-Sep-09 18:11:39

Johnnie would have done it.

happilyeverafter Fri 25-Sep-09 18:40:52

llareggub that's the very thought that came into my mind.

Joules don't seem to have any decent offers around. With the deal of the day/£10 off/20% preview Boden stuff works out so much cheaper. I like Joules but their kids stuff seems to have shot up in price loads recently, I won't order unless there are some good offers come through.

BonjourIvresse Fri 25-Sep-09 20:13:41

just cancel the order and re order

bubble2bubble Fri 25-Sep-09 20:25:22

that's my point!! I wanted to cancel and they say I can't
And I don't wnat anyone else to order form them either

McDreamy Fri 25-Sep-09 20:29:09

Crap customer care - hmm will think twice before ordering from them! How short sighted of them - maybe drop them a letter/email expressing your disappointment and maybe mention this thread grin

bubble2bubble Fri 25-Sep-09 20:31:06

grin like that idea a lot

bodeniites Fri 25-Sep-09 20:34:08

Cath Kidston website is just as bad ive stopped buying from them their customer service is rubbish sorry for the trouble you had with Joules

OnlyQuoteMeInTheTelegraph Fri 25-Sep-09 20:37:52

That's most unlike them, I normally get good service. As to "you can't cancel", that's bollocks, of course you can! It's a statutory right. Email them again. Or phone them -

"If you wish to cancel your order please contact us on 0845 6066871. (If your order has been processed in our warehouse or been dispatched we will be unable to process a refund until we receive the parcel back)."

Hope it gets sorted quickly!

traceybath Fri 25-Sep-09 20:40:30

That is rubbish and Johnnie would certainly have given better service smile

If they still say you can't cancel just refuse delivery of the parcel and it will be sent back to their depot and they'll then issue you with a refund.

Must say I'm always put off Joules because they sell it in garden centres - very shallow of me i know.

bubble2bubble Fri 25-Sep-09 20:48:28

Top tip to refuse the delivery grin
Garden centres?? hmm how bizarre...

motherlovebone Fri 25-Sep-09 21:09:06

i was looking at a couple of bits from them.
shant bother now.

chattermouse Sat 26-Sep-09 09:48:42

That is utter bollocks they are talking. Ring them back, ask to speak to call centre manager and tell them that you are excercising you legal right to cancel your order under the distance selling regulations. Also if you paid on a credit card you have a cooling off period in which to cancel the order too (under the consumer credit act). Cite that also if it applies.

Give them hell!

chattermouse Sat 26-Sep-09 09:49:52

And traceybath, you're right. Johnnie would have their guts for garters!!!

Amaris Sat 26-Sep-09 10:50:00

Some of Joules stuff is really nice - I have two lovely dresses - but some of it is too garden centre! Your legal right is to cancel - did you get someone who has a training need?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now