Talk

Advanced search

Isabella Oliver non-maternity dresses

(15 Posts)
mamijacacalys Thu 24-Sep-09 22:49:12

Am tempted by the wrap dress or billow wrap dress for a forthcoming winter wedding.
Thoughts and opinions please.
Am curvy size 16/18 - is the sizing average or generous?

mamijacacalys Fri 25-Sep-09 09:19:53

bump

I would add that the wedding is one of my close uni friends hence desire to splurge - last time I spend more than £100 on an outfit was when my other close friend got married 9 years ago!
So am not normally used to spending this much and need some reassurance before taking the plunge!
Thanks in advance.

shopalot Fri 25-Sep-09 12:36:29

You have linked to Mumsnet on both links....or am I going a bit mad!!!!

mamijacacalys Fri 25-Sep-09 12:49:45

Sorry shopalot, will try again
www.isabellaoliver.com/womens-clothing/dresses/The-Classic-Wrap-Dress/D/30100/P/2:600:6010/I/DR432 and
www.isabellaoliver.com/womens-clothing/dresses/The-Billow-Wrap-Dress/D/30100/P/2:600:6010/I/DR421

malovitt Fri 25-Sep-09 12:53:37

Like the billow-wrap very much, not so keen on the other one, the bow at side is a bit fussy.

shopalot Fri 25-Sep-09 13:04:26

I love the billow wrap one and I think the other one could be difficult to make look right with that big bow. But is the billow wrap one £100 nicer. I'm not sure.... I had a wrap maternity dress which I lived in but haven't bought anything non maternity. What colour do you like?

mamijacacalys Fri 25-Sep-09 13:09:55

I like all colours for both dresses! But 'fashion economics' head was erring towards black as would probably be used more in the future..
Am kind of with malovitt on the fussy bow on the wrap dress, but like you was wondering why the billow dress was £100 more...

mazzystartled Fri 25-Sep-09 13:12:31

I bought the classic wrap in the blue
(had a discount code. The colour is stunning, gorgeous. But the dress is going back because the neck is cut very high at the back, and the v is too deep for me and the dress is cut very straight, which isn't brilliant in jersey. I wanted something for work. The billow dress is a lot more special imo, especially in the red, and it won't cling at all.

shopalot Fri 25-Sep-09 13:14:08

The billow dress is lined...so no clinging. You get the lining for £100. I love it though and would buy it in red. Black for a wedding? I am old fashioned!!

moonshine Fri 25-Sep-09 13:16:22

But the bow is only huge and fussy because it has been tied in that way. You could do it a different way (I never tie my wrap dress with bows on the side!).

mazzystartled Fri 25-Sep-09 13:20:11

Actually there was also a LOT of material in the ties.

mamijacacalys Fri 25-Sep-09 13:20:51

Thanks ladies.

Shopalot, should've explained that if I went for black I would team under a cream and black long silk coat that I saw at a local shop the other day, so in that combo thought the wrap dress would be OK.

If I go for the red billow dress then woulddn't buy the coat as well... but it would not date would it? And so I would be able to get loads of wear out of it smile.

FlorenceandtheWashingMachine Fri 25-Sep-09 13:39:04

Go for red - it's gorgeous.

shopalot Fri 25-Sep-09 14:02:40

I agree!

angrypixie Fri 25-Sep-09 20:21:52

Big vote for the red here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now