Talk

Advanced search

Why dont skinny jeans stay up on me.

(12 Posts)
JamInMyWellies Thu 24-Sep-09 17:14:04

I have 3 pairs of skinny jeans, topshop, next and american eagle and not one pair stay up. Everytime I wear them within minutes the knees are baggy and I seem to spend all my time hoiking them up.

I am a size 8/10 or 12 depending on which store.

Why dont the bloody things stay up do I have some sort of weird freaky body or is this what happens with everyones skinny's. Is there a shop that sells special skinny jeans stay up glue?

Or is there a store which sells the perfect pair?

random Thu 24-Sep-09 17:16:12

I'm forever hoiking mine up too ..Thought it was my muffin top pushing them down grin

cookielove Thu 24-Sep-09 17:16:59

do you have a belt?

cluckyagain Thu 24-Sep-09 17:17:08

Me too - no hips! I have to wear a belt, or wear knee high boots which stop them falling down too (ish!)

JamInMyWellies Thu 24-Sep-09 17:18:12

I have the hips so that cant be the problem maybe its my muffin top.

ABitBatty Thu 24-Sep-09 17:19:32

Yes and me. I wear a belt but have to have it so tight to stop the jeans slipping down it kills my tummy by the end of the day. So it's either no belt and fall down or belt and a big red mark around tummy hmm

tulpe Thu 24-Sep-09 17:22:37

I have just solved this problem by buying jeans with a higher rise than your average skinnies.

I have Top Shop Marthas but they drive me insane with constantly having to pull them up.

It isn't very cool but......I bought them in Asda for £12. They are fab and bargainous

JamInMyWellies Thu 24-Sep-09 17:24:58

hmm maybe its the fashion word trying to tell me that I am over the hill and should break out the elasticated viscose trousers.

tulpe Thu 24-Sep-09 17:27:01

oh yes, elastic-back slacks. Think how comfy and warm you would be without the wind whistling around your love-handles

JamInMyWellies Thu 24-Sep-09 17:37:35

best book myself into the local old ladies salon for a shampoo and set while I am shopping in Littlewoods for the perfect pair of fawn coloured tights. To go with my trousers. grin

tulpe Thu 24-Sep-09 17:40:51

And you need sandals to go with your tights and slacks combo too. Or perhaps some nice orthopaedic lace ups

JamInMyWellies Thu 24-Sep-09 17:44:14

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now