Where she lives.

Discuss

Prunerz Thu 24-Sep-09 16:32:08

Janet, 49
Hospital admin
Eats salad. Is always calorie counting.
Lives in Swindon.

MadameDefarge Thu 24-Sep-09 16:32:15

Apparently she is a woman of a certain age who lives/would like to live on the costa del sol.

Prunerz Thu 24-Sep-09 16:33:02

Janet is about to become a grandmother and has just had her hair cut spikily to stave off that and her impending 50th birthday.

Bleh Thu 24-Sep-09 16:34:04

She also has highlights, in a vain hope of looking a bit like Julie Matthews in Mamma Mia

MaggieBeauLeo Thu 24-Sep-09 16:34:24

She is not 35-45 as they say.

she's 50+ she plays bridge, and she needs nice warm cardigans for bridge and church.

Work? work? She doesn't work! She left the bank in 1974 when she got pregnant with Louise.

cocolepew Thu 24-Sep-09 16:35:05

She always wears foundation garments. Clean lines dontcha know.

cocolepew Thu 24-Sep-09 16:35:41

She has fake flowers and pot pourri all over her house.

Gloria42 Thu 24-Sep-09 16:35:57

my mum grin

Persephoponce Thu 24-Sep-09 16:38:09

Clare. 42. Four kids under the age of 10. Frazzled. First night out in years tomorrow. Got about an hour before school pick up time. Frantic dash to local shopping centre. Can't resist the 'mmmm, comfy elasticated waistband' allure of M&S, but once in there, realises she needs something to 'spice up her wardrobe' and is instantly mesmerised by the 'oooh... shiny, shiny!' glare of Per Una.

The multicoloured Aztec-print cardigan (with obligatory artifical fabric flower sewn) on teamed with floor length brightly coloured corduroy skirt and huge, bejewelled mock-Croc handbag seemed like such a good idea at the time.

wink

Persephoponce Thu 24-Sep-09 16:39:18

Clare's mum, Jean, loves Per Una and is the only person who thinks Clare looks nice in her new outfit wink

Bleh Thu 24-Sep-09 16:39:25

Style Icons - Julie Matthews, Fern Britten, aspires to look like Helen Mirren.

tulpe Thu 24-Sep-09 16:40:22

Her name is Helen.

She is a part-time receptionist at the local GP surgery.

She thinks she's posh because she buys food from M&S

She lives in an "executive home" on a new development.

She pulls on bootleg jeans or skirt adorned with variety of frills/tartan corsages, fake cashmere polo neck, faux fur gilet, and vile clumpy heeled ankle boots and thinks she looks tres "weekend" daahling.

She wishes she was Boden woman.

cocolepew Thu 24-Sep-09 16:41:17

She has a secret desire to be Lorraine Kelly.

Bleh Thu 24-Sep-09 16:44:42

MR Per Una is sadly past his prime, rather chubby and balding. Is called Harold. Has little say in anything.

smeaky Thu 24-Sep-09 16:45:14

She is middle aged but wishes she was still 4. How else to explain the frills, the flowers, the pink, the patterns?

CybilLiberty Thu 24-Sep-09 16:52:29

She is a size 14 top and a size 18 bottom.

Prunerz Thu 24-Sep-09 16:53:49

No, she's a size 8 and gaunt, looks a bit like Joanna Trollope.

CybilLiberty Thu 24-Sep-09 16:54:37

You obviously havent been into my local M&S

EldonAve Thu 24-Sep-09 16:55:14

Lynda
doesn't work
shops at M&S

KingRolo Thu 24-Sep-09 16:55:22

Sandra, 52, a teaching assistant in a primary school but calls herself a teacher. She eats lots of salad in public but gorges on cream cake in private, resulting in a size 16 bum. Buys Per Una as she thinks it makes her look 'funky' and 'fun' and her size 16 arse fits into their size 14 corsage bedecked bootleg jeans giving her back some youthful confidence in her body. She always buys a sarong to go on holiday but never knows how to wear it.

Nettee Thu 24-Sep-09 16:58:12

She's me - oh noooooo - I seriously need Gok or someone to sort me out! But I can't seem to buy clothes anywhere else.......

Someone's even got my name but I think I must be aging myself by about a decade or two

CybilLiberty Thu 24-Sep-09 16:58:51

STEP AWAY FROM THE PER UNA> Nothing good can ever come from it

LIZS Thu 24-Sep-09 17:01:17

Marion 50ish
Receptionist, legal secretary or TA
Good night in is a M and S £10 meal deal or Taste the Difference ready meal
Lives in 3 bed 70's house on a cul de sac with white timber cladding and upvc replacement windows
2 cats
drives a Nissan Micra, Vauxhall Corsa or Ford Fiesta - at least 5 years old but low mileage and fsh

tulpe Thu 24-Sep-09 17:02:26

Prunerz - yes, I can see the Joanna Trollope look on the average Per Una woman. All short blonde highlighted hair with "flicky bits" around ears, nape of neck.

She also buys aspirational christmas cards (snowy village scenes......which is what she would like to see when she looks out of her window, rather than Eric's Ford Mondeo on the drive).

She likes to holiday with other couples or at least make friends with another couple whilst there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now