Talk

Advanced search

Thanks Eshermummy - my AW Boot wardrobe is sorted

(14 Posts)
CHOOGIRL Thu 24-Sep-09 16:20:42

Have been looking for smartish black boots for a while. Saw your thread and am now the proud owner of these I love them so much I got them in brown too. Even better I got £50 off the brown with the My-wardrobe code smile

eshermummy Thu 24-Sep-09 20:00:11

I am glad you like them CHOOGIRL. I got the brown which arrived today and .......I"M NOT SURE!!!!

I love them in almost every aspect except that they are very tall and I am quite short so the top of them hits the very back of the crease of my knee iyswim.
I can't work out if this means they will rub and be uncomfortable.
I want to wear these every day come winter and I don't want to have permanent knee chafe!!!

Are you tall? Did you notice this?

In every other way they are LOVELY.

What's all this about £50 off - share your code please! Can't believe i missed such a bargainous offer!

Also received my leopard print leggings today and they too are having to go back too sad - again LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them but......I ordered a S/M and they come up really small - I'm only a size 8 ( albeit curvy) so god only knows who they sized them for. Material is really lovely, super soft but they are just cut too skinny in the leg and quite short too and I'm only 5'4''!!!

Also the leggings came in a tights style envelope packet and I (obviously) had to take them out to try them on but I don't know if they are going to accept them back now and they've sold out of the M/L now anyway - grrrrrrrrr, bit underwhelmed with today's deliveries.

Glad you heart yours though smile

HappyHome Thu 24-Sep-09 20:14:22

Hi,
I've been looking at those boots and was wondering how they fit around the calf? I've been having problems finding some to fit my shapeless skinny legs smile
Are they slim fitting?

fishie Thu 24-Sep-09 20:17:12

they are very nice and not boring. i do think sometimes plain black boots are a bit frumpy and i don't like duo.

fishie Thu 24-Sep-09 20:18:11

long is very in eshermummy. were you trying with tights?

eshermummy Thu 24-Sep-09 21:11:32

just been upstairs trying them on properly with skinnies under and with tights - they do look lovely.grin
I hadn't noticed it when I ordered them but I think maybe the boot is purposely cut to be slightly higher at the back than the front at least that's how they look from the side. for some reason that has reassured me.

Think maybe I will keep them after all - have persuaded self that the knee rubbing thing will be ok once they soften up with wear and the likelihood of knee blisters is minimal.

Happyhome - I have slightly chubby tops of calves and I find them a snug fit, however the style of the boot is not very fitted around the ankle iykwim - sort of straight up from heel to calf but then from calf to knee I would say they are quite fitted.

Now Choogirl - about this £50 off !!!!

oh and does anyone want to help me find some replacement leopard print leggings given that the my wardrobe ones are out of stock. Please.

CHOOGIRL Thu 24-Sep-09 21:57:13

Hi EM I am 5'6 and have reasonably long legs so on me they are perfect.

What do leopard print leggings look like on? Having trouble visualising!!!

Anyway the code is JDU718 - not sure when it runs out though so be quick.

monkeysmama Fri 25-Sep-09 08:52:55

Next has leopard print leggings! I have some grey snakeskin ones from there which I love (I am not usually a fan of Next) They definitely had leopard print ones and I think they were £15. Would try and link but in a rush.

Think I may be getting these boots too.

LetThemEatCake Fri 25-Sep-09 12:09:05

OOOOH .... what's the deal with the my-wardrobe code? spend over a certain amount and then apply?

CHOOGIRL Sat 26-Sep-09 15:56:32

Hi Cake - any sign of baby? Yes spend over £150 and get £50 off - really good deal.

LetThemEatCake Sun 27-Sep-09 21:33:40

I finally found dark brown boots in the size and style I needed ...

£28 on ebay!!!

they arrived yesterday ... and are perfect!

CHOOGIRL Sun 27-Sep-09 21:36:37

Link please.

LetThemEatCake Sun 27-Sep-09 21:42:19

no no, you will laugh - they are very, um, practical.....grin

Love2dance Sat 24-Oct-09 10:45:53

If Choogirl's still looking at this thread can I ask a question? Are your Day Birger boots very slim fitting? I love the look and want tall knee highs but have chunky calves (I know about Duo but the styles I like aren't as tall). Going for Corrine Roitfeld look rather than yummy on a school run look IYSWIM wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now