Talk

Advanced search

Caught sight of my reflection in a mirror in a shop today.....

(12 Posts)
hatcam Wed 23-Sep-09 14:22:26

...and genuinely wondered what my mum was doing out shopping.

Realised it was me.

Sigh.

whyme2 Wed 23-Sep-09 14:23:11

sympathy

hambo Wed 23-Sep-09 14:24:11

Well, cheer up - I am turning in to my GRANDAD!

nymphadora Wed 23-Sep-09 14:30:10

LOL at Grandad. I look like a FATTER version of my Mam so theres no hope there!

cheeryface Wed 23-Sep-09 15:19:11

i may be turning into my brother in drag

wideratthehips Wed 23-Sep-09 19:57:53

i know....its too depressing, overnight i have vertical lines between my eyebrows and chicken skin on my neck....i have really aged in the last five years, a lot of goodness in my body has been sapped after having three children in 5 years

AnyFucker Wed 23-Sep-09 19:59:02

take my advice

stop looking in mirrors

said Wed 23-Sep-09 20:01:03

And never have a webcam on by accident and catch yourself in that twat.

TsarChasm Wed 23-Sep-09 20:02:07

Ooh hatcam yes ikwym. That 'catching sight' of youself..I hate that.

I look cross. So then I make a conscious effort to look more cheerful and relaxed. But I just look v scary. Like a cross person pretending not to begrin

hatcam Wed 23-Sep-09 21:21:46

Hmmmm.

At least it's not just me.

In my head I'm still 21. In reality I'm talking about school choices blah blah blah. How did that happen?!!!!

I'm seriously considering just giving in to being an old git. Enough with this yummy mummy nonsense. Maybe I'll just start wearing Triumph Doreen bras (the ones that give you a mono-boob) and elasticated waists. And eating pies. A lot. And smoking. Oh how I loved smoking when it was still allowed. I could watch Jeremy Kyle and drink gin.

PortBlacksandResident Wed 23-Sep-09 21:31:06

Every time i look in the mirror i see my Grandad's sister. I'm 35, she is 78 - but i look like she did when i was a child.

Spooky esp considering that we're not terribly close relatives. I look more like her than her daughter does.

Having said that, she is wearing very well and i hope i look as good in 45 yrs time.

PortBlacksandResident Wed 23-Sep-09 21:32:46

Also, if i catch sight of myself in mirrors while out i think "I didn't know i was still pregnant"

DS2 is 6 blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now