Talk

Advanced search

OK, I remember the eighties the first time around and I have the fark ugly photos to prove it

(8 Posts)
Sourdough Wed 23-Sep-09 13:45:34

Oh purleeeaase.

Shoulder pads, boyfriend jackets, metallics and leather jackets.

We are not all ironic twenty year olds.

Just shoot me.

thehairybabysmum Wed 23-Sep-09 13:49:42

me too....i bought grazia yesterday and they had those hideous 'car coats'....just like a big really shapeless ughh thing really. Had forgotten about them. will try to find a pic.

I am also concerned that the perm will make a comeback as the logical next step of all this!

nancy75 Wed 23-Sep-09 13:50:44

couldn't agree more, i tend to stick to if you wore it the first time, you,re too old for it now - looks like i won't be buying anything at all this winter.

squeaver Wed 23-Sep-09 13:53:25

yes yes and apparently other one is VELVET ffs. Ad in, velvet, ruched-sleeve, shoulder-padded "cocktail dress"

And rolling up the sleeves on your jacket?? Just don't.

tvaerialmagpiebin Wed 23-Sep-09 13:54:23

Someone posted about Skipants revival too, last week

Eek!

Remembering with horror back and yellow outfit I had, with matching clip-on earrings and plastic necklace.

Also batwing jumpers in pastel stripes. legwarmers. Puffball skirts.

Aaargh.

nancy75 Wed 23-Sep-09 13:54:35

perms could be ok for me, i could ditch my straighteners and release the inner poodle!

Sourdough Wed 23-Sep-09 13:54:46

Just so long as we won't be rolling up our baggy jeans and wearing them with braces and baseball boots. I'd look sweet

thehairybabysmum Wed 23-Sep-09 13:55:10

cant find a pic a the mo....will have a look tonight when i have thte magazine in front of me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now