Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Leggings - I need a recommendation for the best please

(17 Posts)
notyummy Tue 22-Sep-09 12:37:32

I am 5 ft 10 and size 12. Would like black/grey leggings that are full length without the crotch hanging down to my knees. Ideally high lycra content to prevent any knee bagginess, and wash well. Will pay a reasonable sum for the right pair (but I am not a banker so no silly prices please..grin)

notyummy Tue 22-Sep-09 13:13:23

Help....

NellieTheEllie Tue 22-Sep-09 13:31:59

The best pair I have are from Asda, they were £6.
I thought i'd get a cheap pair to see if i'd actually wear them, and wasn't expecting them to be up to much, but they're fab grin
They are fairly long on me.
They don't have a huge lycra content (but some of the pricey ones don't either) but I can wear for whole day with minimal bagginess.

fishie Tue 22-Sep-09 13:35:24

american apparel are good length, nice and soft too. although i am 5" shorter than you! i have got dorothy perkins ones which are dire, very saggy.

hatcam Tue 22-Sep-09 13:48:30

I love the American Apparel ones, but I have to say after only a few wears/washes they are already a bit patchy on the knee/thigh area!

I'm 5ft 6in and they're a really good length on me, no crotch sagginess and nice high granny knicker waist.

Any other recommendations? Am looking for a pair that looks really dense black if you see what I mean and that don't go baggy saggy at the knees. Like notyummy am willing to pay for a good pair that lasts but not crazy £££££££

notyummy Tue 22-Sep-09 14:01:19

Hmm, will have a look at American Apparel as a possibility.

Have also heard that Top Shops are ok. Will have to have a look at the website.

Jewelsandgems Tue 22-Sep-09 14:18:54

Mine are topshop high waisted. They are mostly viscose I think but I have worn mine lots for the last few weeks and no bagginess, and wash really well.

But, I have heard the next highwaisted are also excellent.

notjustapuppymum Tue 22-Sep-09 14:30:53

Topshop wash well and fit well, one pair of mine I've had for nearly 2 years and still no bagginess.

LadyGooGoo Tue 22-Sep-09 14:36:10

Another vote for Topshop - do ones for tall people too so actually reach your ankles!

Only £12 too.

notyummy Tue 22-Sep-09 14:41:59

Top Shop ahead in the leggings race it seems.

Thanks all.

orangina Tue 22-Sep-09 14:42:01

I like my topshop ones, and they also apparently to long high waisted ones, which help with that crotch at the knees effect we are all keen to avoid......

Deeeja Tue 22-Sep-09 14:42:53

Topshop too.

NellieTheEllie Tue 22-Sep-09 14:48:09

just to let you know (as my post has been totally overlooked - no doubt because Asda was mentionedhmm) but the top shop ones are the same fabric composition as the asda ones and half the price.

nappyaddict Tue 22-Sep-09 14:50:23

Topshop, george and new look.

NellieTheEllie Tue 22-Sep-09 14:50:29

but top shop ones are same fabric composition as asda ones but DOUBLE the price. blush

deaddei Tue 22-Sep-09 15:11:21

Next are excellent- £8. I'm very tall, and they don't give you builder's bum.

ActivityApple Tue 22-Sep-09 15:19:53

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now