Talk

Advanced search

Shoulder pads: Discuss...

(8 Posts)
preggersplayspop Mon 21-Sep-09 21:46:39

I am pregnant at the moment so my style options are somewhat limited anyway, but have been seeing lots of pictures recently of shoulder-padded outfits.

Is this a look that has really filtered down to the average person on the street? Will any mumsnetters 'fess up to having dabbled in this trend?

I just can't see myself pulling on a sweater with in-built shoulder pads and popping down my local Tescos....

zanz1bar Mon 21-Sep-09 21:50:25

I have very very wide pointy shoulders and spent most of the 80's cutting the dam things out.
But as a plus point jackets now fit better all that soft round shoulder tailoring looked weird on me.

AnyFucker Mon 21-Sep-09 21:52:15

I already have broad shoulders so will not be going there...

They make me look 6 feet wide

preggersplayspop Mon 21-Sep-09 21:56:07

That's my worry, I have broad shoulders and even frilly sleeved tops or embellished shoulders on T shirts make me feel quite self conscious.

eshermummy Mon 21-Sep-09 22:00:10

I like them, seen lots of little pointy shouldered dresses in magazines etc and I really like the look though not actually tried any on (yet).

But then, I'm considering leopard print leggings so feel free to ignore!

DubyahDawtHoochieMomma Mon 21-Sep-09 22:01:20

Message withdrawn

preggersplayspop Mon 21-Sep-09 22:04:02

Eshermummy, I was wondering whether you would wear them with your leopard leggings grin.

No-one's actually gone for it yet then?

eshermummy Mon 21-Sep-09 22:13:23

What puts me off a bit of the jackets I've seen in magazines etc is that they appear to be cut very small around the arm-pit and the shoulder pad is paired with a very skinny sleeve - personally I can't bear restrictive jackets that you can't raise your arms in so puts me off a bit.
If you want to try it out I'd imagine topshop maternity is the place to look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now