Talk

Advanced search

What stylish knitwear purchases have you made recently??

(52 Posts)
kateecass Mon 21-Sep-09 21:21:22

Looking to steal ideas!! Sorted through my drawers and only have few jumpers that fit with my large post baby boobs and tummy. Am only left with a couple of jumpers that are ok and nothing that I love. Just bought a reasonable boyfriend style cardi from New Look.
Need inspiration!

AnyFucker Mon 21-Sep-09 21:32:01

will watch with interest

I am looking for a longish cardi-coat kinda thingy that is not too many £££

dexter73 Mon 21-Sep-09 21:36:18

Not sure whether I am completely mad or not but I have ordered this! Will have to wait and see if it is nice or a complete horror!

zanz1bar Mon 21-Sep-09 21:46:24

Really want I Ireally want this but its ££££

AnyFucker Mon 21-Sep-09 21:49:09

that is lovely zanz

too many £££ though

zanz1bar Mon 21-Sep-09 21:55:20

BUT maybe I could justify it as it is a cape/jumper/wrap all in one.
Really really want it.

AnyFucker Mon 21-Sep-09 22:01:23

well, you could try smile

zanz1bar Mon 21-Sep-09 22:05:56

No, instead I shall spend £££on lots of knitwear from asda/tesco/primark et al and shrink them all in the wash at a rate of one jumper a week till april.

LetThemEatCake Mon 21-Sep-09 23:23:10

Zanzibar: I have a 15% off code if that helps?

I love knitwear... Bought the White co cashmere coat, but sent in back in favour of Isabella Oliver cable cosy and a cashmere wrap from the TravelWrap Company. Am eagerly awaiting chance to buy a DKNY Cosy. And still love my Zara cashmere/ silk longline cardi from 08, will buy in another colour if I come across them again

nevergoogledragonbutter Tue 22-Sep-09 00:01:55

i got this kookai long chunky cardi

I got £20 though thanks to LTEC and her handy discount code!

I love it.

AnyFucker Tue 22-Sep-09 08:05:12

what is this discount code you speak of ?

how do they work ?

nevergoogledragonbutter Tue 22-Sep-09 08:24:50

£20 off i mean.

LTEC appears to have access to some other world where things are much cheaper than they appear. Possibly a portal at the back of her designer wardrobe.

The ASOS one expired, but there'll be more.

You could try googling 'discount code' or 'voucher code'. There is a couple of websites that list them for various stores. I usually visit there before buying something I like.

AnyFucker Tue 22-Sep-09 08:27:58

ok, will try

I have a 20% voucher for New Look (LTEC, look away now !! grin)

can be used instore, and also has a code to type in for online purchases

zanz1bar Tue 22-Sep-09 08:29:12

Dam even with discount its still over £100 and I just cant get the hang of buying one investment piece instead of 10 cheap and nasty bargins...the teenager in me just cant let go, one day i will grow up.

Oh still want it.

LetThemEatCake Tue 22-Sep-09 08:40:47

Think it's just like the ubiquitous boden codes, Fucker. I bought from WC, they offered me an incentive to shop again, I sent everything back and you are welcome to the discount code if you want it!

noddyholder Tue 22-Sep-09 08:44:07

If you can only afford one thing get it!You will still be wearing it next years when all the tat has gone bobbly and misshapen and you will be so excited at th end of the summer gtting it back out for winter.Its lovely btw

LetThemEatCake Tue 22-Sep-09 08:54:17

Also I get lots of discounts through work. Am a writer. Can't you tell, what with my sparkling prose and clever wordplay? LOL
So always check in with me and I will rummage in the back of my designer wardrobe to help
Zanzibar, when I was 19, and thus a teenager, I spent
$300 on a jumper which is still going strong and looking beautiful today (am nearly 37). Took it to be cleaned yesterday, just one tiny hole to be mended. Well worth the $$$, do it! Do it!

nevergoogledragonbutter Tue 22-Sep-09 08:57:21

Ooh, what do you write ltec?

(off to work now so will be back later)

monkeysmama Tue 22-Sep-09 09:40:53

I ordered that WC jumper & sent it back. It is thinner than it looks. Sorry!

kateecass Tue 22-Sep-09 09:47:08

Ooh, couple of ideas so far I might steal. I definately fit into category of buying loads of shite jumpers from tesco/asda etc. I have a 3 yo whose just started nursery so only have 2.5 hrs childfree time which isn't really enough time to get to Trafford Centre so need to shop online...otherwise I'll be buying from supermarkets or local useless shopping centre.

So those big chunky or drapey cardis will not look odd with my large tummy and will they bot look odd when I eventually lose my extra stone or two??

Liking that Kookai one NeverGoogled will the waffle pattern catch??

DH thinks nothing of spending £££ on jumpers but I come out in sweat. Haven't spent much on clothes in past few years been busy being preggers and having 2 sprogs!
Actually, remembered I have cowl neck cobalt Gap jumper I have which I really like. So all is not lost!

zanz1bar Tue 22-Sep-09 09:56:16

Thanks for the info monkey I had hoped it would be thick enough to wear as a cover up outside/walks on beach etc.
Yup and looking at the photo of the model again it does look a bit thin.

Now I feel all virtuous as I have saved ££££ and can go out and spend all the money I have saved.....spot the flaw in my approach to money!

zanz1bar Tue 22-Sep-09 10:11:48

this and this
I'm online and ready to spend

monkeysmama Tue 22-Sep-09 11:04:06

I like the Betty Jackson one. I got a grey cable knit M& S one With a funnelneck for about 35 quid which looks a lot more expensive. Check out the Isabella Oliver cosy thing everyone's raving about too. Massimo Dutti had some nice big cardis too at the weekend.

kateecass Tue 22-Sep-09 11:19:18

I like both those Zanz especially the Betty Jackson one. Don't think there is a Massimo Dutti, will check out whether they do online.

Cable cosy looks great but most the time I'm out and about pushing a pushchair so need to put coat with hood on!

kaz1054 Tue 22-Sep-09 11:35:21

20% discount code for ASOS: LOOKASOS - expires 28 September.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now