Talk

Advanced search

Dry shampoo on dark hair, how do you stop it looking like dandruff?

(9 Posts)
cocolepew Mon 21-Sep-09 19:00:13

DD is 11 and has the greasiest hair ever. I've bought a couple of dry shampoos but it's hard to get it to disappear in her dark hair. Especially as it's rushed in the mornings. I read about a new, very fine, one but can't remember it's name.

Any recommendations, either for dry shampoo or a shampoo for greasy hair that actually works.

Thanks smile

Deeeja Mon 21-Sep-09 19:06:44

oh god, I tried dry shampoo once, never again!

Deeeja Mon 21-Sep-09 19:07:12

And the talc trick. shock

monkeysmama Mon 21-Sep-09 19:58:08

There is a bumble & bumble brown one for dark hair. It's brown when you spray it. I've never got on with it as it seemed to leave brown spots on my face. It's quite dear & a 3/4 full can currently resides in my cupboard. Email me at monkeysmama@rocketmail.com & I'll send it to you if you'd like. It'll only be thrown away in my next bathroom cupboard cull & I sympathise with your daughter!

PurplePillow Mon 21-Sep-09 20:03:56

The knack is to not spray too close to her head and rub in well and then brush well.

I have used batiste dry shampoo on my own dark hair and it is quite good as long as you don't try and use it every day grin

Bibithree Mon 21-Sep-09 20:04:38

Try spraying from a little firther away so the mist is finer iyswim. I have dark hair and find it tricky to get just teh right amount and stop before it looks like I'm greying. I use Batiste, but it's not particularly amazing, it's the only one I can get locally though.

cocolepew Mon 21-Sep-09 20:35:25

Thanks for the tips, MM have emailed you smile. I think the ad for the one that says it has superfine residue is in the Boots magazine.

cocolepew Mon 21-Sep-09 20:36:56

Bibi there is one in Asda, it's the hairdresser from GMTV(I think). It's better than Batiste and smells like caramel grin. It's in red packaging.

missmelly Mon 21-Sep-09 21:53:52

Toni and Guy do one as well, but I dont find it that great, much like the Batiste one

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now