Talk

Advanced search

winter clothes help

(2 Posts)
frazzled74 Mon 21-Sep-09 14:46:06

I need inspiration, I am 5ft 8, size 16, blonde and fair. I have fat calves. Please help me to dress nicely for the winter. I dont want to hide away in jeans and baggy jumpers anymore.I wear uniform for work so dont need anything too smart looking.

tulpe Mon 21-Sep-09 14:53:59

Dresses over leggings, with opaques or over skinny jeans are always a flattering option for a casual look.

Don't worry about your "fat calves". I am sure they aren't as bad as you fear How about a pair of gorgeous boots - either fitted or slouchy. And if you are looking for shoes, a heel will always be more flattering to a hefty calf than a flat (although make sure it isn't either kitten heel and you need minimum of 3").

Long-sleeved tees for layering under dresses/tunic tops are invaluable. At least one great cardi.

Make sure you love even the most basic items you buy and that way you will still feel dressed up and fab on days when you can't be bothered to make more of an effort than jeans and jumper

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now