Talk

Advanced search

Apparently the "new" trend is to buy clothing for a night out

(22 Posts)
Bleh Mon 21-Sep-09 14:07:53

Per the Times. I love the comment "they're a bit orange".

GetOrfMoiLand Mon 21-Sep-09 14:10:16

Yes, it is such a new trend. Like girls have never trooped into clothes shops on a saturday to buy their night out clobber. hmm

Funny article, though. I liked the comment 'above average for Bristol!' All the girls look like Jordan wannabees.

One of the girls spends £500 per month on going out clothes! Bet she still lives with Mum and Dad and pays a tenner a week keep.

DillyTantay Mon 21-Sep-09 14:10:56

er yes
have alwys done that

Bleh Mon 21-Sep-09 14:16:26

But no, it's a new trend! Nobody has ever thought of buying clothes the day before a big night out. Sheesh, where have you people been. Now, there's also TV to watch before going out. Nobody's ever done that. Nope. Not ever. New trend. not lazy journalism

GetOrfMoiLand Mon 21-Sep-09 14:20:56

Next people will be drinking alcohol on their Saturday nights.

Apparently, it is all about Thursdays, Fridays and saturdays, festivals in the summer and parties in winter.

Oh, just reinventing the wheel, then.

DillyTantay Mon 21-Sep-09 14:21:52

Th times is very good at htis
OR inventing a fashion becuase one person has done it

IN grazia this is all based on whatever mary portas is doing and she looks barking a lot of the time

GetOrfMoiLand Mon 21-Sep-09 14:23:52

I like the Times Style section, sometimes their articles make me laugh.

Like last year they had this big piece on how scouse women are at the forefront of fashion, really edgy etc. Then a week later everyone was pissing themselves at the sights of Liverpool fashion choices at the Grand National.

I like Shane Watson's column, she talks sense.

Bleh Mon 21-Sep-09 14:24:33

Ah yes, there was that bit about women buying clothes especially for xmas parties etc. It's not like all magazines have been harping on at us for generations that you have to buy a sparkly new outfit/s for all those xmas soirees you spend December flitting about.

GetOrfMoiLand Mon 21-Sep-09 14:29:01

Yes, funnily enough it's all about the sequins for party season this year.

It's ALWAYS about fricking sequins at christmas, it's the law.

UnquietDad Mon 21-Sep-09 14:30:14

This is the kind of article which makes me so glad to be a man.

DillyTantay Mon 21-Sep-09 14:31:24

yes and alwasy military and tweed in october and spetember

and nautical in spring " with a twsit"

yawn

I like Shane too and saint lisa of armstrong although she does get a bit up her own arse when she interviews designers

GetOrfMoiLand Mon 21-Sep-09 14:31:57

Come on, UQD, you know you want to go out and watch The September Issue don't you. grin

haventsleptforayear Mon 21-Sep-09 14:53:02

"they all get together, watch The X Factor, get ready and go out.”

Twas Blind Date in my day...

squeaver Mon 21-Sep-09 14:56:25

God those women look scary.

Times' Tweets from LFW are good at the mo

[up with technology emoticon]

ADifferentMe Mon 21-Sep-09 16:15:00

UQD don't tell me you're not sitting there in sequins wink

UnquietDad Mon 21-Sep-09 16:57:37

It's my "school run outfit".

ADifferentMe Tue 22-Sep-09 12:39:27

Will shortly be moving my DDs to your school wink - our dads just wear sailing gear.

UnquietDad Tue 22-Sep-09 13:20:44

adifferentme - ?! Now picturing school run dads dressed like this !

TheBalladofGayTony Tue 22-Sep-09 13:25:57

how depressing

OtterInaSkoda Tue 22-Sep-09 13:36:37

My favourite style advice (last autumn/winter - but forget the rag) was "tights are in this season". I mentioned it to a couple of my (younger) colleagues. Their response was to agree that yes, tights were indeed in that season. Which wasn't quite what I was getting at!

haventsleptforayear Mine too - and Casualty. Guessing who was going to get injured in those long drawn out scenes almost became a drinking game grin

sarah293 Tue 22-Sep-09 13:38:37

Message withdrawn

ADifferentMe Tue 22-Sep-09 21:02:13

UnquietDad - that would at least be funny. This is more the faded red trousers with Musto jacket look with occasional Boden shirts thrown in the mix - stick to your sequins!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now